Soundcloud's automatic content detection pulled my mashup - How to circumvent it? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by epikeddie View Post
    But if anyone wants to know a way to get around it....upload as a private track. Then after it's all uploaded switch it to public.
    Didn't work. They pulled it before I even had a chance to switch it to public. I give up, it's not that a big of a deal. I think the offending track is one I downloaded from Soundcloud. It's the last track so a good portion of it plays by itself. I just won't use Soundcloud tracks to start or end mixes anymore.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patech View Post
    If Soundcloud isn't going to allow a track to be uploaded, there is a good reason. Soundcloud is made for original and remixed productions. The whole thing is cluttered with mash-ups done by DJs who don't know how to produce. Mash-ups don't belong on Soundcloud. Mash ups are done while mixing, so it should be on Mixcloud. I think it's pretty much cheating when someone takes tracks and programs them together to play as one track to give the impression that they are doing a crazy mix. Would you play a prerecorded set? NO! Then why play a prerecorded "3 track song"? There are way too many people getting credit or recognition for using other artist's music as there own by using the ( dj ____ mash up) at the end of the title. Mash ups violate not only Soundcloud's rules but also violates artist's copyrights and violates the rules of DJing & live remixing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    All complete garbage.
    Why do you think this statement is garbage?
    Last edited by Patech; 11-16-2012 at 05:55 PM.

I would not mind mashups on SoundCloud but most of them are of so bad sound quality I can't hear more than 10 seconds before I delete them from my hard disk.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234