Soundcloud's automatic content detection pulled my mashup - How to circumvent it? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

It got pulled for the 10th time. I seek now official allowance by the label the track in question was released on.

Any other ideas menawhile?
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Tech Mentor

Try fading it in, or silence at the beginning.

Switch to vimeo?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Afterhour Ali View Post
    It got pulled for the 10th time. I seek now official allowance by the label the track in question was released on.

Any other ideas menawhile?
    Try somewhere else?

You'd be lucky to get a response from the label, technically Soundcloud is just doing what is obliged to legally. Mashups are still a grey area I think.

Mixcloud.
    Check out my Youtube channel for controllerism routines, mashups, tutorials, etc. using Midi Fighters and other tasty gear.

http://www.youtube.com/user/underwaterrobots

Quote Originally Posted by underwaterrobots View Post
    Mixcloud.
    Yep, mixcloud. They're probably better for hosting mixes than soundcloud, but soundcloud is just so much more convenient...
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

Tech Mentor

that wouldn't be a problem if you spent more time mixing

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Nah, I barely get any listens on Mixcloud. I think those mixes need to have more than five songs in it.

Vimeo is a good idea though. I could host it myself but I like Soundcloud very much.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Tech Wizard

How did you find out what the offending track was? I had a 75 minute prog psytrance mix tagged by the software. None of it is commercial in anyway. I did write the set list in the description. Is that where the problem came from?

Quote Originally Posted by aaron altar View Post
    How did you find out what the offending track was? I had a 75 minute prog psytrance mix tagged by the software. None of it is commercial in anyway. I did write the set list in the description. Is that where the problem came from?
    The automatic detection scans the waveform of your track looking for matches with waveforms of tracks that copyright holders don't want on the site. If you get caught out by that, it will tell you the name of the offending track. It's happened to me 3 or 4 times.

People can also report your mixes/tracks for copyright infringement and there may well be people who are paid to search for offending tracks and report them, so it's possible that a track listing could get you caught out, but I have no evidence for that either way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast