extreme crackle & pops (traktor->ableton live)
    Tech Wizard

Default extreme crackle & pops (traktor->ableton live)

Was trying out Bentosans guide to running traktor through ableton, managed to get everything set up right. Sound from traktor in to live and out through soundcard. But after a while I get these cracks coming through, very loud ones!

I'd assumed it was my sound card (numark io) that wasn't set up right, so I tried all different setting in live, but still the crackle 'n pop.

Is this due to it being a cheap soundcard? Or is it due my inability to set it up right

Btw, Running mac & traktor through soundflower in to live.

Over and out!
    Last edited by johan; 07-09-2009 at 05:37 PM.

Try restarting the mac when i had just set up my sound card for traktor i was getting the samething turns out all i had to do was restart it see if that works?
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

Tech Wizard

Yes, restarted it a couple of times

Maybe I should've opted for a better sound card. There don't seem to be any good drivers for osx. There are the asio4all drivers, but only for windows

So I guess I need a new soundcard then! lol

Did you noticve really bad latency once you had it set up ? massive difference between me moving the jog wheel on the vci and it actually moving on traktor
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Wizard

No did not notice any midi lag.

It is the soundcard latency (I guess) that is making the whole thing crackle.

Tech Wizard

Ok, called Numark to check if they knew about any solution.

Apparently there is something wrong with the USB driver in osx 10.5.7, I was advised to downgrade my USB driver. Not sure how I am going to do this, but now I got something to do over the weekend