Line up control vinyl sticker with "sticker" in the software

Default Line up control vinyl sticker with "sticker" in the software

Hi!

So, picked up an A6 with vinyl, put on the included sticker pointing to the little dot on the vinyl as the instructions said, but the little "sticker" (line) on the rotating platter in the software. Any ideas how to fix this? Not that I really know why it matters, but anyways!

Thankful for your help!

(This might not be the right section, sorry if it's not.)

I don't fully understand your question.

But you should know that the sticker has no use if you just want to mix. The stickers are a visual refernce only for turntableists who do scratch routines.

You should point the sticker to a specific spot on the record that you are going to use often, that is the actual use of such stickers.

It doesn't really matter where the sticker on the vinyl is with time codes. You can hold the control vinyl so that the sticker is at 12 o'clock (or pointing at the stylus - whichever is your preference) then load in your track. Do that on both decks and the stickers will be in the correct places relative to each other, which is the important thing.

As mentioned above, the stickers are for a visual reference, usually when you're scratching, juggling, trick mixing or doing manual looping. With regular vinyl, you could place a sticker where the track begins, so that you can drop the needle down at the beginning of the track and quickly wind through the dead space to where the track starts, but that's not something you need to do with a DVS, so the stickers are just visual aids for the aforementioned tasks.
    Last edited by DJSigma; 11-03-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Thank you for your answers!

I am well aware of the fact that this is not really important but I just can't understand why NI tells you to put the stickers pointing towards a small dot on the vinyl. I thought that maybe it was because the line on the rotating platter on the screen would match the sticker.

As kind of stated in the original post, I don't really know why I care. OCD maybe?

Anyways, thank you!

it would be impossible for traktor to know where the sticker is on the vinyl. I guess they just do that so first time people dont freak out on where to put the sticker?

Quote Originally Posted by Publicservice View Post
    it would be impossible for traktor to know where the sticker is on the vinyl. I guess they just do that so first time people dont freak out on where to put the sticker?
    Not it doesn't, you just have to point your laptop camera at the vinyl and send that feed to an input to Traktor, then it knows exactly where the sticker is in accordance with the track playing.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Traktor COULD know where the sticker is based on the lead-in for the timecode on the vinyl.

OR - just set a cue point (anywhere), and manually move the record so the sticker is at 12 o clock, then hit the cue point.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Default Absolute mode?

wouldn't the sticker placement matter more if you were using absolute mode..or when you reset the needle to the start of the record on each new song???

maybe you could listen to the timecode vinyl in in DIRECT THRU MODE...start the needle at the beging and when you hear BEEEEEEEP stop the record, zero in on it. and place your sticker at 12'oclock (or somwhere you like) and do the same for the 2nd record.

I think it would matter alot if you were doing backspin juggling/looping and using the stickers as reference.

even though it's not important...watching the vynil looks alot cooler to me than a dj watching the screen platter or laptop waveform. plus the on screen platter takes up too much space so i just hide it and rely on the stickers.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by hest View Post
    Thank you for your answers!

I am well aware of the fact that this is not really important but I just can't understand why NI tells you to put the stickers pointing towards a small dot on the vinyl. I thought that maybe it was because the line on the rotating platter on the screen would match the sticker.

As kind of stated in the original post, I don't really know why I care. OCD maybe?

Anyways, thank you!
    The reason is because that 'dot' is where the 'signal' begins on the record (at the outside edge). It's a lot easier to line up closer to the center though - so they use a small dot at the center.

The question I have is where I can get more? I'd love to use some on the regular vinyl I have or other DVS vinyl I have.