VCI 100se delay effect video
    Tech Wizard

Default VCI 100se delay effect video

hey guys

this is just something is was working on when ean posted his equivalent with an oxygen 8.

i have replaced the left gain knob with a smart knob which sets an advanced delay effect into effect slot 1. the knob then controls the wet dry, and turns the freeze button on at 50%.

check out a video of it in action at my site below (it doesnt actually show an implementation just the effect!):

http://web.me.com/boilerooo/tom/Blog...ect_video.html

check out the vid and let me know what you think.if anyone wants the midi settings or any other help just ask!

also if anyone has any ideas for the other gain knob let me hear them

cheers!
    Last edited by boileroo; 07-10-2009 at 04:28 PM.

Tech Guru

Fun stuff.
    I am thinking of getting a nanopad with a few effect transition presets. Using Bome's MIDI Translator and the support timers, I could automate most of the job with the press of a single button.

AKA, setting up the FX bank, slowly increasing wet/dry, enabling freeze, and finally stopping the track and disabling freeze.

OT: Why dont you add an rss feed to your blog?
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Wizard

yeh thatd be pretty cool. im about to do something similar to that with my custom arcade box controller this afternoon, kinda like eans cue point chords i guess.

excuse my naivety but whats an RSS/why would i benefit from it

the websites pretty low key...only so my parents can keep up to date when i go to uni!

Tech Wizard

oh and ive since edited the mapping slightly - the 2 gain knobs know also turn effects bank 1 on for deck a (right knob) and b (left knob) so what ever i am doing i always have that option available.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by boileroo View Post
    excuse my naivety but whats an RSS/why would i benefit from it

the websites pretty low key...only so my parents can keep up to date when i go to uni!
    that way people can subscribe to your feed. actually i am soon going to start creating a so called "planet" where all digital dj's who maintain a blog can enter their feed url. the planet will then present an aggregate of all those blogs. so it will become very easy to find content and also very easy to reach a large audience.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Wizard

thats sounds mint. ill do some more researching into it. and as for the planet thing goes count me in!