Choosing a controller!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Choosing a controller!

Hi there!! I wanted to ask you one little thing: I'm getting a new setup and I have to choose between Akai MPD 32 or Allen & Heath Xone K2, soo I wanted to know which one do you think will be better for me: I want to use Traktor Pro 2.6 and I usually play Electro & Progressive House (like SHM, Tiësto, Dada Life and others). Soo, What do you think? I need help!! xD Thanks!! ;D

The MPD isn't in the first place a dj-controller. It's a "music production device". Mainly used for producing music. I see you plan to play electro and progressive, so you wouldn't need the velocity-sensitive pad.

I would go for the Xone K2 because you have much more midi-commands on it and you have a lot more support (with traktor) on the internet (mappings, mods, ...). The Xone is also designed for playing playing music and it has an internal sound card.

Good Luck!

Tech Mentor

Thanks!!! The problem is that I can't buy any other controller (I don't have enough money xD) soo I looked at the MPD because it was bigger than the X2, it has also faders and knobs, would reach also for music production and I've seen DJs who play with a Drum Machine (such as Skrillex), and also I had to buy something from Native Instruments to get Traktor soo I'll pick Audio 2 (very basic) and the K2 has already a soundcard! but anyway I love the K2! xD btw thanks for commenting!!! ;D

Tech Mentor

Having owned an MPD32, I can't say its very practical for use with Traktor.

Get the K2. As a bonus, you'll be able to use it as a add-on controller when you get your main controller or a mixer.

Tech Mentor

I think so, as soon as I can get a main controller it will fit very well!! Thank you!! ;D

Tech Mentor

Just one last question: if I could get another modular controller (not more than 175 euros) which one would you recomend me? Thanks ;D

Tech Mentor

If you like to beat juggle, the Midi-Fighter Classic would be hard to beat. Traktor X1's can be had for pretty cheap as well and are good for controlling loops.

Otherwise, I would save your money for your main mixer purchase.

Tech Mentor

Allright, thank you a lot!!!! ;D

Tech Mentor

Allright, now the very last question!! xD If I had enough money to buy Akai APC 40 and a soundcard, would you pick that or the K2? Thanks!!! ;D

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by LoveBeat View Post
    Allright, now the very last question!! xD If I had enough money to buy Akai APC 40 and a soundcard, would you pick that or the K2? Thanks!!! ;D
    I wouldn't use a APC 40 for Traktor. Go with either the K2 or X1 IMO.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast