issue with new PC and trigger finger
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default issue with new PC and trigger finger

so, i am working on getting traktor running on my new PC. but i am having some pretty serious issues with my trigger finger. the PC isnt receiving midi signals. i know it isnt the gear, i plugged it back in to my old PC earlier to check and it worked.

basically, plug everything in and start traktor, the trigger finger works for about 30 sec. the numark total control and the audio kontrol 1 work fine (had sound dropouts, but i think that is another issue). a friend of mine worked on i for a while and we got it working, but last night i had a gig and it crapped out again. had to point and click it the entire night.

PC:
    MSI ex625 (intel core 2 duo p7350, 4gigs ram, ati mobility radeon hd 4670, vista 32 SP2)

my traktor rig is traktor 3.4, audio kontrol 1, numark total control and the trigger finger.

any suggestions?
    m audio has suggested that i check all the USB roots for the auto power off crap. which i checked, its fine. next they suggest swapping USB ports. another friend has suggested to plug into a hub and then check it. so other then that, anyone?

I have had similar difficulties with my TF.
    I was running it on an HP laptop with WindowsVista.

I thought the gear was F'd but it worked when I plugged it back into my orig machine. Then I tried a friends TF to see if it worked (no luck). I tried all the drivers m-audio had to offer (no luck) so I came to the conclusion that WindowsVista SUCKS! and I got rid of it.

** What operating system are you using on the MSI?
    EDIT ** sorry I did not see you had listed what the OS was.

I would say downgrade to WinXP! and get off of Vista!

I currently use my TF with WindowsXP, Windows7 (Native Driver Support) and MacOSX with no problems at all.

I have been looking at a little Acer Netbook as well as an MSI Netbook and hope to hell there is no issues when I get wich ever one.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

First i would try to re-install the driver from m-audio, which can be found here...

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...s&f=799&dl=yes

If still no luck, let me know and i'll try to come up with something.
    Last edited by Str8upDrew; 06-26-2009 at 03:22 AM.

Tech Mentor

ive reinstalled the drivers already. seemed to work, then again it stopped working... gonna be working on the issue tonight.
    downgrading to XP isnt really an option right now. 1 because i dont have the disk (i am out of town) and 2 because i like lots of stuff with vista and 1 issue isnt enough to pull me away from it. this is the very first issue i have had with vista.

I've been searching the shit out of this, and it seems to be a fairly common problem. The bad thing is, no one has found a solution for it yet. Short of downgrading(upgrading) to XP, or just selling the TF and swearing to never buy anything from m-audio again.

The problem strait out is Vista.
    Its not only the Trigger Finger / M-Audio with the problems. I have friends who are having various issues themselves with gear they have had for sometime that no longer works because of Vista. I went back to using WindowsXP and have been working on a stable system since.

As well I have been testing Windows7 and it seems to have addressed a fair bit of these issues and they seem to be resolved (In my experiance).

I have done alot of searches to for solutions for Vista but now with Windows7 comming I believe I will no longer even waste my time. Stay with XP for awhile and make the switch when windows7 is available and a viable platform.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Tech Mentor

started everything up today...
    everything works fine. im gonna start everything up again later tonight and over the next few days. i had heard that USB power could be causing those issues and i noticed that i still had my wireless mouse doggle still plugged in (i leave it there since it is the small ones). i unplugged the wireless doggle and everything worked fine...weird. i will keep you updated.

Try this...(ripped of M-audio's webpage)

1. Open the Device Manager (Start-> Control Panel-> Device Manager)
    2. Look under the category Universal Serial Bus controllers and find the USB Root Hub.
    3. Right click and select Properties, go to the Power Management tab
    4. Uncheck the box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." and click "OK".

Repeat this for each of the USB Root Hubs shown in the Device Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    Try this...(ripped of M-audio's webpage)

1. Open the Device Manager (Start-> Control Panel-> Device Manager)
    2. Look under the category Universal Serial Bus controllers and find the USB Root Hub.
    3. Right click and select Properties, go to the Power Management tab
    4. Uncheck the box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." and click "OK".

Repeat this for each of the USB Root Hubs shown in the Device Manager.
    Hey this may be the answer all us m-audio users have been searching for to rid the bitter taste we have had left in our mouths from the Vista release.
    I believe I will make this a common practice on every windows release I use for more a safety sake while performing

Thanx for the info!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast