really getting frustrated with NI support

Default really getting frustrated with NI support

So I had contacted them originally to clear off my Serial #'s for TSP1.0 and the TSP2.0 upgrade so that I could transfer them to a new user, and they did so quite promptly.

However...it's been two weeks since I'd sold my Traktor and it keeps saying the TSP2.0 Serial # is invalid. Both myself and the guy who I'd sold it to, have been in contact with NI Support.

They gave him TSP1.0 which he was able to register with the Serial#, which is fantastic. However when he tried to upgrade to 2.0 we still had the same problem. Upon contacting NI Support again they told him that he "needs a valid serial number".

Like seriously? wtf. Thank you for stating the obvious NI, however my serial # IS or at least WAS valid until I deactivated it...I'm seriously at my wits end with this shit and I can only imagine how the guy that bought it from me feels like. I've been courteous with the support and all they've given me so far have been one shot answers that haven't really gotten me anywhere.

Do any of you guys have any suggestions? I've gone through the NI website FAQ's and haven't found anything so far that helps

Do they have a tech support number you can call?

I feel your pain, cos when you can't get an issue resolved due to poor customer service it can drive you crazy! I'm about to sell a Traktor A6 package, so I hope I don't run into issues like this.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJSigma View Post
    Do they have a tech support number you can call?

I feel your pain, cos when you can't get an issue resolved due to poor customer service it can drive you crazy! I'm about to sell a Traktor A6 package, so I hope I don't run into issues like this.
    get in early mate. The deregistration process moves glacially slow

Cheers man, will do.

What's annoying is that I'm (almost certainly - not 100% yet) buying a Z2 mixer that comes with Traktor anyway. I asked if I could just carry on using the Traktor installation I have with that mixer, then sell the Trakjor CD/serial that comes with the mixer with my A6 package, but they said no - I have to use the serial number that comes with the new mixer and de-register the old serial. :|

This whole licensing thing is silly anyway as it only punishes legitimate consumers. Traktor is always cracked and is easily available for pirates to download and they don't have to worry about all this serial stuff, haha.

No phone number to contact sadly...

This whole idea of serial ##s is quite irritating to be perfectly frank. I understand the need for it for their production end of things but not the DVS lot. What Serato did works a hell of a lot better IMO

And yes as mentioned previously do begin getting everything unregistered ASAP

Terrible support have contacted was switching up serials from some laptops and desktops and don't think I've ever been contacted back just used same serial instead of unregistering and re registering on other laptop very annoyed but it worked in the end

Tech Mentor

wow suprised they are taking long. i bought an s2 about 3 weeks ago, contacted the guy in the morning about buying and he emailed and had it unregistered by that evening when i showed up to pick it up. got home and set it up and was all good.

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    get in early mate. The deregistration process moves glacially slow
    I submitted my request this morning and I just got an email to say that the deactivation of both Traktor Pro 2 and my Audio 6 hardware has been done, so two thumbs up to NI support on this occasion. That said, I hope I don't end up in the same situation as the OP, haha.

Tech Guru

NI Tech support / registration support phone # 1-323-467-2693