Converting iTunes Tracks with TuneClone
    Tech Mentor

Default Converting iTunes Tracks with TuneClone

All -

This is copy of a posting that I made over on the NI forums asking about a iTunes converter named TuneClone. I am re-posting on DJTT to see if anyone here is familiar with this program -->

Hey all --

So, I am trying to solve a workflow problem in converting my iTunes Plus tracks to MP3. I like to keep a separate folder of my tracks for use with Traktor, particularly because I prefer to store the album covers within the tracks and I always use Rapid Evolution to detect and write the BPM and key to the track.

With iTunes, when you covert your tracks to MP3, it adds a separate entry in the library which I don't want. I end up manually moving the MP3 out of the iTunes folder to another folder and then removing the entry from the library so that I only have one. If iTunes allowed for the converted MP3 track to be stored in a folder of my choosing, that would be ideal - problem solved.

So in searching for a converter, I ran into TuneClone which works by burning the track to a virtual CD and then doing the conversion in one shot. The program is a bit expensive at $35 USD but that price might be worth it if it solves my workflow issue.

I was wondering if anyone else has used TuneClone and what they thought of it. If you've never heard of it, here is the link.

Man, something like that would be gosh darn handy for us as we use a separate collection for traktor tunes.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "