First Original Track - Nineteen

Cool First Original Track - Nineteen

Sooo if you guys follow the djtechtools soundcloud group, or are friends of mine on soundcloud, you may have listened to a beta (or 2) of my first produced track in Live. I've been learning, studying, and messing around with Ableton Live for about a month now and feel that i've become fairly proficient in it's ways and how it works - I must say that the workflow and ease of use that this program has is out of this world, and it's possibilities are literally endless.

Anywho, I'd love to know what everyone here in the forums thinks of my final beta of the track before I finalize it.

You can stream and / or download it from my soundcloud account
    -> http://bit.ly/JGZJW

Constructive criticism, tips, ideas, whatever is welcome! Please let me know what you guys think

UPDATE - i switched the link so it's now to the latest version
    Last edited by eightyseven; 08-01-2009 at 08:15 PM.

hmm, 13 listens and multiple downloads, but no comments?

Tech Mentor

I think it's pretty damn cool, not had a chance to play it on a loud system yet though....

Cheers
    D

Tech Wizard

Hi man,
    Please receive my criticism in the good way =) This is only MY opinion!

I really prefere the second part of the track (from 2,06 to the end) for several reasons:
    - It looks like you wanted to make the beginning unstructured but at the end it feels a bit messy.
    - In the first part of the track The kick is a bit laid back.
    - The filtering effect in the first part are a bit too rough and maybe change the lengh to 2 bars would change this feeling.
    - On the second part of the track we can feel the kick a bit harder and I like it. But i thinks the high hats are too loud.
    - Final point: is this the actual end of the track ?

You made a good work on this track man but I think you can push it a tiny more =)

Quote Originally Posted by osoner View Post
    Hi man,
    Please receive my criticism in the good way =) This is only MY opinion!

I really prefere the second part of the track (from 2,06 to the end) for several reasons:
    - It looks like you wanted to make the beginning unstructured but at the end it feels a bit messy.
    - In the first part of the track The kick is a bit laid back.
    - The filtering effect in the first part are a bit too rough and maybe change the lengh to 2 bars would change this feeling.
    - On the second part of the track we can feel the kick a bit harder and I like it. But i thinks the high hats are too loud.
    - Final point: is this the actual end of the track ?

You made a good work on this track man but I think you can push it a tiny more =)
    Thanks for the constructive comments man, dig it

This is not the end of the track, this last beta simply ends after that breakdown is done building... there's a whole other minute - 2 minutes to the track, just hadn't recorded it yet... i personally feel the best part is right after this beta ends, sooo you'll just have to wait to hear it when i'm finished, hehe.

The kicks I need to fix, somehow in Impulse, the second halves kicks are at 127 instead of 100... i'll probably just put the first part's kicks @ 127 so they're felt more.

the filtering effect could definitely have the auto-filter toned down resonance and frequency wise, i will definitely take that into note.

the closed hats on the second part of the track i feel are alright, but my speakers aren't the best. i'll check the levels and get back to you on that one

thanks for the comments so far, keep 'em comin!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post

the closed hats on the second part of the track i feel are alright, but my speakers aren't the best. i'll check the levels and get back to you on that one

thanks for the comments so far, keep 'em comin!
    I will check them tonight on a an other system aswell, i'll let you know !
    take care

they're definitely a tiny bit high, toned 'em down a tad for the final song

not bad! from about 3:15 on it gets much better, I think you could make that synth that comes in the more of the basis of the track. The beginning sounds more like a breakdown, perhaps try to build it up slowly in the intro instead of right into cuts/filters/etc

nice job

i might try out a few different beginnings before the final one... but as of right now, i've posted a FINAL final beta () haha on soundcloud. check out the updated one here! http://bit.ly/NdL2K

okay so the song is damn near completion and i took a lot of what everyone had to say into consideration.. the ending is still not finished, but there's more of it than there was before. let me know what's up with it PLEASE!

ps - Ableton Live is my new secret lover

link here and in first post: http://bit.ly/JGZJW