vinyl collection picture thread
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default vinyl collection picture thread

Hey all i searched for this type of thing all over the place on djtt before posting but couldn't find it. So let me know if there already is a thread about this and ill remove mine.

Anyways, i love vinyl artwork. Real artwork and looking at other peoples collections. I always thought it gave you an easier way at finding some hidden gems. Plus the artwork is just fun to look at. i used to go to friends houses to look at theirs, or on here. Specifically the "post your latest purchase" thread. That always has some new music on it. but it always has people posting other stuff on there too of course. and i know people have a lot more records than this. Anyways... here is my collection, kinda small right now but looking to get more.

and hey don't forget to post yours

update 20121116

After seeing the way people are using this thread I have rephrased my request to better suit this thread and the people reading it.

Post pictures of your record collection as a whole. But then post pictures of your favorite records that you love to listen to, over and over and over again new or old. Also if you have a collectors item or items, post that too. Post as many of your favorite records as you can.

But don't post a picture of your collection just to say "hey check it out my collection is bigger than yours" and then not post any pictures of your favorite records.

Also if your going to post a favorite record please include in the text as to what the title of the record it is. Just to make finding that hidden gem that much easier
    thanks guys

This is my small collection so far. surprisingly still make good use of them in my sets.

This is one of my favs just for the music

by digable planets with there single, rebirth of slick (cool like dat).

This record has some really good breaks if thats what you need. to break that is.

The breaktionary volume 2

This one is my all time favorite hip hop single. i just can't get enough of it.

The tribute by colossus

heres all the records i have so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by spadenation; 11-16-2012 at 10:59 PM.

I'll post some more pics up tomorrow, but here's a pic of my rarest record: -

It's a 10" test pressing of "Year Of The Hip-Hop" by L.L. Cool J signed by K-Def, who produced the track. Only 10 numbered copies exist. That's number 3.

I ordered the record from the US. When it arrived, it was in a Royal Mail bag with a notice on it saying that "the item inside has been damaged". I opened it up and it was utterly soaked through with water. I dried it out and thankfully the record label looked fine, but both the inner and outer sleeve were ruined. I contacted the record label and they had another sleeve made up and sent to K-Def to sign, but he signed it "To Barry" when my name is Steve, lol. They then made up a third sleeve and the guy from the label wrote "To Steve" at the top, then K-Def wrote the rest, hence the different handwriting.

This is a 360 degree picture of my dj room complete with my framed control vinyl collection. Click on it for the full effect

178119_4963318247268_509496512_o.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^
    Click Me
    Last edited by kryptonitekillz; 11-06-2012 at 05:07 PM.
    TSP2 | Kontrol S4 | Pioneer DJM-800 | 2 Kontrol X1s | Kontrol F1 | Maschine | 2 Technics 1210 MK5s
    Other Cool Stuff: Serato | Dicers | Ableton Live | Launchpad | Ortofon S-120s | Ortofron Nightclubs / Headshell Mounted
    My Control Vinyl Collection: Picasa Album | Facebook Album 1 | Facebook Album 2

that room looks epic

Thank you. Definitely a labor of love.
    TSP2 | Kontrol S4 | Pioneer DJM-800 | 2 Kontrol X1s | Kontrol F1 | Maschine | 2 Technics 1210 MK5s
    Other Cool Stuff: Serato | Dicers | Ableton Live | Launchpad | Ortofon S-120s | Ortofron Nightclubs / Headshell Mounted
    My Control Vinyl Collection: Picasa Album | Facebook Album 1 | Facebook Album 2

Damn thats way better then mine which sit in a cubby hole lol.

awesome guys thanks for following my idea, and the pics! kryptonitekills that is a freaking awesome studio. you should definitely win the show your setup 2012 contest.

any Discogs.com users here?

Tech Guru

Will have to dig out my copy of this but used to take this to gigs not to play but cheer myself up when flicking through the cratedownload salsoul.jpg
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by spadenation View Post
    Hey all i searched for this type of thing all over the place on djtt before posting but couldn't find it. So let me know if there already is a thread about this and ill remove mine.

Anyways, i love vinyl artwork. Real artwork and looking at other peoples collections. I always thought it gave you an easier way at finding some hidden gems. Plus the artwork is just fun to look at. i used to go to friends houses to look at theirs, or on here. Specifically the "post your latest purchase" thread. That always has some new music on it. but it always has people posting other stuff on there too of course. and i know people have a lot more records than this. Anyways... here is my collection, kinda small right now but looking to get more.

and hey don't forget to post yours

What's that Casablanca 12"?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast