Few Q's about moving to traktor
    Tech Convert

Default Few Q's about moving to traktor

Hi all i have been mixing with vdj with a bit of a weird setup, have been using a numark mixtrack with an american audio versaport soundcard running into a djm500 now im getting quite interested in traktor and have been messing around with it so heres a few things i need some info on:
    1. is there any way around its fascist sync ie; with VDJ i just use it for its pitch function and mix it by ear so i just hit sync before i play and that sets the bpm then im free to mix it in is there any way to make traktor act like this

2. does anyone else get the load bar clipping into the red with the versaport set to 1ms, when i use with vdj i can set it to that and quality settings maxed out and not go above 1/2 cpu load

3. does anyone know of a line to adapter so if i got a new soundcard i could plug it into the 4 input on my djm (sub mic/phono)

4. hardware upgrades wise i have bought a denon dn-sc2000 and am looking into picking up a maschine , an otus or otus raw, and a kontrol x1 or f1 ideally i want a scratchable deck , cue & sample pads and hardware controls for as much features i can fit into the tiny amount of space im limited to im also on a very tight budget so i need the best value for money really so im just looking for suggestions for alternative or any known issues with the above hardware
    thats about all i can think for now, thanks for reading this long ass post

Tech Mentor

can't comment on anything but the 1st point - you can turn off sync and anything else at your wish. super easy.

Tech Wizard

The second point can be overcome by increasing the latency settings. 9 times out of 10 traktor is trying to push far too much data via USB. It's inherent with the HID mappings that NI use

In terms if hardware, I've recently moved over from a korg zero4 with a few extra controllers to the s4. It's a bit pricey, an alternative would be the s2. After moving away from personally mapping every function it's refreshing to have a true PnP device. The potential is amazing

Hope this helps. Happy mixing

Jinj
    Jinj

Traktor 2, Live 8, Korg Zero 4, Oxygen 8, uc33e, Xone:1D, MPD16 Midi Pad, HP nx9420 Laptop, blood, sweat and tears!!

Tech Convert

sorry i forgot to mention that im trying to stick with single deck controllers so i can stick with external mixer and to make it easier to transport and use in clubs, i was planning on going for the ddj-sx but realised im really not a big fan of the all in one aspect and want a setup in a modular format

Get two X1s, a soundcard and a mixer. Pretty sweet setup
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Quote Originally Posted by fitzyp View Post
    Get two X1s, a soundcard and a mixer. Pretty sweet setup
    perfection.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by pher0 View Post
    Hi all i have been mixing with vdj with a bit of a weird setup, have been using a numark mixtrack with an american audio versaport soundcard running into a djm500 now im getting quite interested in traktor and have been messing around with it so heres a few things i need some info on:
    1. is there any way around its fascist sync ie; with VDJ i just use it for its pitch function and mix it by ear so i just hit sync before i play and that sets the bpm then im free to mix it in is there any way to make traktor act like this

2. does anyone else get the load bar clipping into the red with the versaport set to 1ms, when i use with vdj i can set it to that and quality settings maxed out and not go above 1/2 cpu load

3. does anyone know of a line to adapter so if i got a new soundcard i could plug it into the 4 input on my djm (sub mic/phono)

4. hardware upgrades wise i have bought a denon dn-sc2000 and am looking into picking up a maschine , an otus or otus raw, and a kontrol x1 or f1 ideally i want a scratchable deck , cue & sample pads and hardware controls for as much features i can fit into the tiny amount of space im limited to im also on a very tight budget so i need the best value for money really so im just looking for suggestions for alternative or any known issues with the above hardware
    thats about all i can think for now, thanks for reading this long ass post
    1 - You can use "tempo sync" rather than "beat sync". This just matches the bpm to that of the master deck (or clock) rather than locking everything in.

4 - X1's seem to fit your requirements. But if you are looking for a budget option then look in to the Behringer CMD range which is due to be released shortly. There is a great thread on here about them.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Convert

been playing about with my sc2000 and i love it, massive improvement over the old mixtrack, i think im gonna go for a new soundcard as my american audio versaport dont sound that great and asio latency is a bit high due to it being usb 1.1 not sure i think i might get the behringer equiv of the x1 and then a kontrol f1 then save up for a new laptop and maschine mk2