Rane 62 Vs Traktor Z2 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by soundinsurgent712 View Post
    Let's forget about Rane for a minute, Z2 or DJM T1?? And why please?
    There is already a thread on this matter
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=58984

It's kinda hard to compare the 62 and Z2 intrinsically though, I mean, look at the main specs point for point.

3 Immortal magnetic faders vs 3 short body Mini-Innofaders.

A pair of 32f-Bit 20 channel soundcards vs a single 24 bit 6 channel card.

Rane engineered converters and signal processors vs a first attempt at processors by NI and licensed converters.

If you keep going, and look at the control durability of the S series vs the control durability of every Rane product since 1981, price just starts to disappear.

The more apt comparison is Z2 vs DJM-T1, and even that pretty much shitkicks the Z2 in almost every way, point for point.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayJade View Post
    I dont think mine is 10" i actually have aboout 2-3" of padding on each side, but length wise I am more than good. Ill have to check it when I get home, ive just been happen to use it didnt even toss it in there yet.

Ill report back in... 45min
    Thanks for posting up the pics

Have any of you ever had a custom case made?

I was thinking of getting a case made that would house the Z2, X1, & F1 + Sliding Laptop Stand.

I'm wondering if it would set me back any more than $400 dollars?

Tech Wizard

I owned the T1, liked it but never loved it. One of my biggest issues, though small was that it did not have a dedicated filter knob. Additionally the sound quality was not as good as my S4. which I owned at the same time.

I had the mixer about 6 months but ended up using my s4 at clubs because of the portability and work flow at the time. Probably the best bang for your buck before the z2 came out.
    Last edited by rsciangula; 11-10-2012 at 03:34 PM.
    Traktor Z2, Denon SC3900(2), Kontrol F1, MidiFighter3D, HDJ-2000, Mixed in Key, Platinum Notes, Jack and Coke. (Previously- Rane 68, Traktor DJM-t1, Pioneer DJM-800, CDJ-2000s (2), Traktor S4, Stanton 150s)

Quote Originally Posted by rsciangula View Post
    I had the mixer about 6 months but ended up using my s4 at clubs because of the portability and work flow at the time. Probably the best bang for your buck before the z2 came out.
    Why do you think it's no longer the best bang for the buck? You know the Z2 costs more, right?

Also you say the S4 is more portable. I suspect you're talking about the DDJ-T1 midi controller, not the DJM-T1 2 channel mixer.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Why do you think it's no longer the best bang for the buck? You know the Z2 costs more, right?

Also you say the S4 is more portable. I suspect you're talking about the DDJ-T1 midi controller, not the DJM-T1 2 channel mixer.
    The Z2 is only $100.00 more than the PIONEER DJM-T1 mixer. I was stating that I owned the Traktor S4 controller at the same time as the pioneer DJM-t1 fader with my turntables. I ended up using my S4 controller at more gigs and felt I performed better with the s4. I don't want to get off topic- there is another topic discussion in the forums comparing the z1 and t1.
    Traktor Z2, Denon SC3900(2), Kontrol F1, MidiFighter3D, HDJ-2000, Mixed in Key, Platinum Notes, Jack and Coke. (Previously- Rane 68, Traktor DJM-t1, Pioneer DJM-800, CDJ-2000s (2), Traktor S4, Stanton 150s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackavenger View Post
    Thanks for posting up the pics

Have any of you ever had a custom case made?

I was thinking of getting a case made that would house the Z2, X1, & F1 + Sliding Laptop Stand.

I'm wondering if it would set me back any more than $400 dollars?
    Id expect about $400, Road Ready should be able to help you or you can build your own.

Or a case like this http://www.odysseygear.com/odyssey-p...gs4trakbl.html

that should give you enough room to do what you like and then add padding to make everything snug!!

Hmm, I already have that case for the NS6. maybe I'll refrain from selling it until I get the gear, and see if it will all fit.

Thanks for the idea.

I'm waiting to test this out. Z2 and Rane61/62 are simular BUT with rane you have the video option. Of all the things NI gives us they still leave out that one option. Even VDJ has video.

I personally am interested in seeing how well the innofaders work on the z2. A little concerned that someone stated earlier that the line faders are "Stiff"...me being a old school type of DJ...line faders are a must for scratching. I'm going to stick with my vestax07pro, built in audio 6, and amazing faders....that is unless i can convince the wife to use our GC card for z2 lol...

but for the value you cannot beat it NI has market locked

Mixer, Software, and control media for $799...STEAL
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Quote Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL View Post
    I'm waiting to test this out. Z2 and Rane61/62 are simular BUT with rane you have the video option.
    That's not really anything to do with the hardware though. You could use whatever software you want with it at the end of the day.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast