Sample Decks - Traktor w/ Kontrol S2
    Tech Convert

Default Sample Decks - Traktor w/ Kontrol S2

Hello forum!

I have bought myself the following.....

MacBook Pro
    Kontrol S2

This is with the potential and pretty certain purchase of a Kontrol F1.

I have mixed in clubs, been on radio etc but on CDJ after initially learning on vinyl so have a good idea of what I am talking about.

Having said this I am really struggling to use the sample deck feature on the new software (having had it a day ). I am looking to get some decent vocal samples/one shots but only take the part I want as a sample.

For example, Dirty talk (Laidback Luke Remix) I just want to get a one shot of the bird saying "Dirty Talk". It occurs just before a drop and has no music backing. I want it so that when I hit the sample button I have assigned it to IT ONLY uses that part of the vocal and for that exact length of time so I can using it as a mixing tool.

I have no idea how you do this.

This probably makes no sense but the idea is to build a collection of loops and vocal one shots in my library to use when I get the Kontrol F1. I have bought the S2 and a Mac specifically for this so I can be a lot more creative in the mix rather than just song A to song B.

If anyone can make sense of this I would be very grateful for some help.

Thanks,

Hoff!

easiest way is to make a loop of the section you want and drag it into a sample deck then it will be saved by traktor but I cant just remember where and i'm at work rather than my laptop.

It saves in your user folder but cant remember the name of the folder, it also shows up in traktor as saved loops or something similar

Tech Convert

That's cool and sounds easy, so thanks for that.

The only problem I now have is the one shot section.

I have found an acapella website but I need to be able to determine the part/time of the one shot/sample I want.

Thanks for your help

you can just change it in traktor to a one shot by clicking the green loop symbol

Tech Convert

What I mean is, if I didn't have the sound clip of "dirty talk" it then goes right into a drop which you would hear if I was even to slightly miss time it.

if u miss time the sample cut off point u mean?

u can use the move function in advanced view on i think it says 'xfine' and move the loop to exactly where u want using the arrows or if its not gridded well just manually set the loop in and out points exactly where u want them

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Pearce161 View Post
    if u miss time the sample cut off point u mean?

u can use the move function in advanced view on i think it says 'xfine' and move the loop to exactly where u want using the arrows or if its not gridded well just manually set the loop in and out points exactly where u want them
    Awesome, I will have a look when I get back tonight.

Thanks a lot, buddy.

Tech Wizard

Sorry for the bump, but what kind of mapping would i need to trigger the play pause in the sample decks on a s2?