Auto gain not working in traktor pro 2.6
    Tech Student

Default Auto gain not working in traktor pro 2.6

Hi, i need ean's help. After touching the gain knobs on my vci-100 se, traktor pro 2.6 is not setting the gains for my songs automatically like traktor pro 2.5 . I am playing on saturday it's urgent need help

Tech Mentor

It is working, read the release notes. The behaviour has changed. If you have auto gain enabled, by default the gain knobs are an additional gain stage, enabling you to adjust the auto gained signal. So, 0 dB gives you the auo gained level.

You can also click the dot next to the gain knob, which shows you the auto gain value. If you change it, it will get written in the file.

Forgive me for being slightly retarded. I just started mixing internally with my herc controller and using autogain for the first time since upgrading to 2.6. From what I'm gathering, when making adjustments to the gain when blue will adjust the gain but will not save that adjustment to the track ID. When making adjustments to the gain when orange, it will save that adjustment to the track ID. Is the autogain already figured in and the gain knob no longer supposed to move when a track is loaded? Because I have been loading tracks with the buttons set to blue and orange and the knobs have been staying at zero and it doesn't sound like it is adjusting the gain for me.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Tech Student

Default Traktor Pro 2.6 auto gain not saved in transient data file information

Quote Originally Posted by DJQA View Post
    It is working, read the release notes. The behaviour has changed. If you have auto gain enabled, by default the gain knobs are an additional gain stage, enabling you to adjust the auto gained signal. So, 0 dB gives you the auo gained level.

You can also click the dot next to the gain knob, which shows you the auto gain value. If you change it, it will get written in the file.
    I have been on Traktor Pro for over 2 years with an S4 and (recently) a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.8.2, and this 2.6 update has given me the most frustrations out of any of the other updates. (On a side note, I have been waiting for NI to take care of a warranty issue with my 1st S4 controller, and I am still waiting for a call tag to send it back 2 1/2 months later--I actually had to purchase a new S4 so that I could continue working). Needless to say, Native Instruments is on my shit list.

My issue, I have had before, is that when I manually adjust the orange gain level option (auto gain), it temporarily saves the information to the track (I see it in the Analyze column in my browser), but upon reloading the track into a deck or with the preview player (with the set auto-gain option selected in preferences under Mixer), the gain information goes back to 0.0db, and re-analyzing the track, just re-instates the information that the track's original ID3 tag information was set at. I check to make sure that this isn't just what the program is supposed to do--by listening to each track I have already adjusted, even cranking the gain up higher and saving it, saving my collection, and it indeed DOES NOT save what I have just set the auto gain to. IT is failing to save the manually adjusted information---What is the point of this, or am I the only one having this issue?
    When I prepare a set to perform live, I have been utilizing this option when it randomly works, to achieve a good audio mix for each track I drop, so that I don't have to just rely on using the channel gain option (blue).
    My boyfriend, who also uses the same set up (with a MacBook Air and OSX 10.7) says that he is not having any problems with his auto gain data saving, but still sees the 0.0db on all of his analyzed/auto gained tracks.
    I can clearly hear the difference when I set the information, and when I re-load the track, it goes back to what the gain was at before--and I see 0.0db--not what I adjusted it to.
    Please help!!! As I said above, I had this same issue before, with the transient data not properly saving, or becoming corrupted on my tracks in my collection. Previously, I had to completely uninstall all of my Traktor software, and re-install it, then make sure that there wasn't any old transient data that was being moved over, which meant that I had to re-analyze alot of my collection--thus when doing so, losing manually set beat grids and cues. (Which is another bull-shit issue I wish could be resolved). I haven't modified any of the programs on my computer, nor changed locations of my files, etc. The only thing I could think that would be causing this issue to come back, is the latest driver that NI suggested for users of OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion.
    I have a gig later tonight, so I don't have time to uninstall/reinstall Traktor Pro. Or, as many of my cohorts have suggested--go back to 2.5. I am simply going to throw my tracks that I will be playing tonight in Platinum Note, so that when I drop them, I won't be blowing up my levels!

Although, nice to have this auto-gain save option when it works, this is 2nd time I am going through this headache. I too, wish that Native Instruments would take the auto-gain save option data out of any future updates.

Tech Convert

The default behavior is a bit stupid. Click the dot next to the gain knob to enable the autogain. Yes, I know you did already in the preferences. Hence, thus.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by urbnlgnd View Post
    wish that Native Instruments would take the auto-gain save option data out of any future updates.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en...traktor-pro-2/