tractor scratch pro questions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default tractor scratch pro questions

while using tsp in vinyl control mode is it possible to toggle over to traktor pro mode while playing and do loop based effects without worrying about the mix coming out. and then after you have done your effecting switch back to vinyl control without a skip or an audible interruption when the track goes back to timecode control?

Tech Mentor

You don't even have to do that iirc, just switch to relative mode and you're good to go.

dont even have to switch to reletive it does it automaticaly for you as soon as you press loop function
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Convert

I know it would be fine if I were only playing one track, but if I were playing 2 tracks controlled by the timecode vinyl and wanted to start trying elaborate effects and adding a virtual deck to the mix... can you then switch over to traktor mode allowing the software to keep the mix in sync using beatgrids and ignoring the timecode and then go back to timecode afterwards.

Yes, switch to internal mode by pressing the play button. You can even drag the TC deck into an unused deck and it will continue playing both.
    www.TheLucidLounge.com
    TSP 1.1.2 || Tech 1200's || Ecler Nou4 || Ableton Live 7

Tech Convert

also...... I have used serato for years but I have recently downloaded traktor pro demo and I use a macbook pro. I haven't purchased a separate soundcard for traktor yet, so I only know what it can do in internal mixer mode and play it through my laptop speakers...... I have 4 gigs of ram and no audio issues when listening to ableton, itunes, or any other application .....but the audio that I play through traktor keeps crackling during every track, I have checked settings and levels etc. I am not a complete novice here. But I really need to know if this program is buggy before I invest in the switch to tsp. I would appreciate any insights to this issue.

No TSP is not Buggy. It is used by many here at DJTT as well as many star DJs. It must be your settings, causing the crackles. It could sound like you need to adjust the latency on your soundcard. You can do that in the prefferences menu in TSP.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yeah, just set your latency to a higher number until it goes away. Obviously this is not the intended way for Traktor to be used, nor the recommended way, so keep that in mind when making judgements on it.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Macbook latency will need to be around 13ms from my experience with the onboard sound.
    www.TheLucidLounge.com
    TSP 1.1.2 || Tech 1200's || Ecler Nou4 || Ableton Live 7

yeah, my MBP auto-adjusts (it seems) to 11.5ms when using my internal soundcard. make sure it's around there i suppose.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast