M -Audio Fast Track Pro

Default M -Audio Fast Track Pro

hello,
    my set up consists of cdjs, mixer, and torq connective. a few questions...
    Is it possible to connect the mixer output (rca) to the fast track pro input and then run outputs (?1/4?) to my studio monitors from the Fast Track?
    also....VIEWS on the Fast Track Pro im looking to buy it and later upgrade to either vci-100se or Oxygen 8 v2.. please feel free to give your opinions on all the equipment im looking in to..

and last but most important is it ok to be runing the m-audio fast track sound card as well as the torq connectiv soundcard at the same time on one computer...and will it beable to record what i am mixing?

I had a Fast Track Pro for a while. The thing with the Fast Track is, yeah it's got 2 sets of outputs, but only one of them is analog - the other is SPDIF. So unless your monitors/mixer/amp that you're hooking it to have digital input you won't be able to monitor your mixes.

any suggestion on what usb sound card to buy?

um.... the FTP has 2 sets of analog outs. route your mains to 3/4 and use 1/2 for monitor. Plug ur cans into the 1/4 inch jack in the front and you're good to go. vista has issues recognizing 3/4 as valid analog out, but traktor does not. haven't had any problems with this card yet, but the outputs are horrendously low. i wouldn't recommend this card to my worst enemy tbh.
    facebook.com/fkdmusic
    soundcloud.com/fkdmusic
    lethaltalent.com

Tribal Rites feat Kate Lesing on Soundcloud.

You sure about that? I must have had a defective unit then. I always thought it was odd that it had 2 sets of RCAs. All I could ever get out of one of them was digital garbage. Worked fine for spinning at home since I had the SPDIF running through my other computer, but was worthless for gigs. Tried it under both Vista and XP.

Right now I'm using a Numark DJIO, which is functional if you just need a cheap card for outputs only. I'm sure there are better USB cards out there. I plan on moving up to a Firebox very soon; Firewire seems to be the way to go for external soundcards.

Tech Wizard

Yeah, the Fast Track Pro definitely has two outs: pair of RCA and pair of 1/4".

i also have the dj io. it does the job well for what i need it too, house parties and small bars. ive looked at the firebox too. the less stuff you have going usb the better from i have heard.