Just Scored a second hand MidiFighter 3D!
    Tech Convert

Default Just Scored a second hand MidiFighter 3D!

Just wanted to brag! Been Playing with it all night love it! got it on Craigslist for 150.

excellent! enjoy
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Fantastic! How do you like it? I've been thinking about the Midi Fighter and if I should purchase one. How does it compare to other controllers like the Kontrol X1? What kinds of things do you ultimately use it for when DJing?

Just looking for insight and feedback from people who have experience!

Tech Wizard

I got my MF3D about a month ago. I was struggling to decide between that an the F1.
    I am really happy with my choice! I use the MF3D during live performances to control effects and make some use of the remix decks (when I put enough effort into planning). I think my favorite aspect of it is that it inspires me to delve deeper into my equipment than I have before. Its really rewarded to dissect your favorite mapping and pick out your favorite bits. Worth every penny.

Tech Wizard

Do you feel it provides even more controls and variability than the F1? It does definitely sound rewarding. Do you have an S2 or S4? I currently have an S2, and was wondering how the MF (classic/pro/3D) works alongside that controller and what kinds of things people can pull with both of them simultaneously.

I still need to delve into the use of my remix decks, haven't gotten that far yet =P any suggestions/tips for the best way to go about that?

I've used the MF3D for about a month, here are my two cents...

The MF3D is great (and FUN) as a controller for effects and cue point juggling (especially with DJTT mappings). The arcade buttons really allow you to do interesting tricks and play more quickly than traditional drum pads, unless you're AraabMuzik. You can't really compare it to the X1 since they're meant for different uses. X1 gives you more control over transport functions and precise effects manipulation; MF3D is more plug-and-play and has potential for crazier sounds. Although functionally speaking, X1 gives you more control options with its knobs.

However, I have found that the MF3D is sometimes glitchy when controlling the Remix Decks... Like effects turn on when they're not supposed to (or don't turn off), and the LED feedback isn't always responsive. So if you plan on using the Remix Decks a lot, I would get an F1 instead (although I've never used one, I assume it's less glitchy). MF3D is better as a fun controller that adds some spice to your mix; I wouldn't make it your primary controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabullis View Post
    I still need to delve into the use of my remix decks, haven't gotten that far yet =P any suggestions/tips for the best way to go about that?
    Check out my channel (in my signature) for ideas using the MF3D to control the remix decks.
    Check out my Youtube channel for controllerism routines, mashups, tutorials, etc. using Midi Fighters and other tasty gear.

http://www.youtube.com/user/underwaterrobots

Tech Wizard

Sounds good! I will definitely investigate this matter more.

Btw, in regards to the X1...what are transport functions and what kind of precise effects manipulations do you refer to? Sorry, haven't gotten that far in my knowledge for djing and djing equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabullis View Post
    Sounds good! I will definitely investigate this matter more.

Btw, in regards to the X1...what are transport functions and what kind of precise effects manipulations do you refer to? Sorry, haven't gotten that far in my knowledge for djing and djing equipment.
    Because it has knobs to control the full parameters of an effect including dry/wet. Instead of motion control and pre set parameters as the way of the MF3D
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Tech Wizard

If your looking for more functionality out of the remix decks than just launching clips - the F1 is a better choice. For me, the versatility is what made the MF3D a much better purchase. I use it for effects and remix decks in Traktor and as a drum rack in Ableton.
    Another factor was that I didnt need another copy of Traktor (since it came with my S4). The f1 comes with Traktor and I felt like I was paying for that a second time.

Tech Wizard

Functionality vs. versatility...hmmm. Not sure what I prefer more. How does motion control work exactly? I've watched how they tilt the controllers, but what does tilting it ultimately do? Operate as it's own pseudo dry/wet knob? But the MF seems to have a simple interface that makes it easy to learn and use. Does the F1 have a steep learning curve at all?