Traktor Pro + External FX unit - can it be done?
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor Pro + External FX unit - can it be done?

Hi all,
    I can't seem to find any conclusive answer/solution to my problem.
    I want to use my Alesis Air FX as an external FX unit in Traktor.
    Currently I'm having to use the FX send/return on the back of my PMC580 mixer which if fine except that I can't hear the effect on my headphones or booth speakers since it seems to be applied only to the master output of the mixer.

Ideally I'd like to route it as FX #3/4 on Traktor.
    From what I can gather so far the external fx send/return seems to only be able to be used for DJs who want to treat Traktor like an external FX unit - is this the case? Is there no way of having traktor route its audio through an external FX unit prior to it leaving each individual channel?

Thanks in advance
    Ollie

Quote Originally Posted by olliebrooke View Post
    Hi all,
    I can't seem to find any conclusive answer/solution to my problem.
    I want to use my Alesis Air FX as an external FX unit in Traktor.
    Currently I'm having to use the FX send/return on the back of my PMC580 mixer which if fine except that I can't hear the effect on my headphones or booth speakers since it seems to be applied only to the master output of the mixer.

Ideally I'd like to route it as FX #3/4 on Traktor.
    From what I can gather so far the external fx send/return seems to only be able to be used for DJs who want to treat Traktor like an external FX unit - is this the case? Is there no way of having traktor route its audio through an external FX unit prior to it leaving each individual channel?

Thanks in advance
    Ollie
    I don't believe there are any FX Send/Returns within the software (that I know of) but with the right external mixer, DJ or production, you could route Traktor to send each deck out of it's own channel on your soundcard (assuming you have a Audio 6 or 8, etc) into individual channels on your mixer. Then just hook up the Alesis Air with the Aux's or FX Send/Return on mixer.

You'd need two in this scenario to have Air FX over both your channels though.

@OP are you using your mixer as the sound card/interface for traktor or do you use a separate sound card?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors