VCI-100 Firmware version, how to tell?

Default VCI-100 Firmware version, how to tell?

Hey guys, so I'm still deciding where I want to buy my VCI-100 from.

My question, if I find a VCI-100 on ebay, or Craigslist, how does one tell which version the firmware is? Or, how do I instruct the seller on how to find this out if they are unsure?

Is there a number on the back or bottom of the unit? What are the different version numbers exactly? I've read about the flaw in the first version, and I want to be sure I'm avoiding that if I do go the used route.

Thanks

Good Question. There are 3 simple ways you can tell if the unit has the new firmware.

1) there is a green 1.2 sticker on the back.

2) hold down both jogseek buttons at the sime time. If the pitch bend function is now disabled then you have firmware version 1.2.

3) turn off the unit and turn it back on while holding down one of the 4 small black buttons in the upper left corner of the unit. This will switch between firmwares. I think 1.2 is in the first button and 1.1 in the 2nd. Firmware to run 2 pairs of vci-100's is in the third.

Tech Convert

Do this meen that we can use Eans vci tks setup, for the new vci's with firmware 1.2? that would be so nice.
    Macbook 2 GHz C2D, 4 GB ram, 10.2
    VCI-100, Traktor

yes, we are building a new TKS that will work with firmware version 1.2 but that will only come out after the VCI-100SE is shipped. Too much work until then!

I'm still in jog wheel hell due to my issue with the speed up, slow down and return to original tempo crap - when I let go of the jog wheel.

All my attempts keep pointing to firmware issue.

I have the green sticker, but it doesn't say 1.2 on it, it's just a green sticker.

Which brings me to my next point, the whole hold down jog seek button. I'm not exactly understanding what it is I do there. Can someone pretend I'm retarded and be very pedagogical?
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

It doesn't actually help you.

What you do it press both Vinyl Mode buttons at the same time and let them go. Both jog wheels should turn off. That's v1.2
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

Default Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post
    Good Question. There are 3 simple ways you can tell if the unit has the new firmware.

1) there is a green 1.2 sticker on the back.

2) hold down both jogseek buttons at the sime time. If the pitch bend function is now disabled then you have firmware version 1.2.

3) turn off the unit and turn it back on while holding down one of the 4 small black buttons in the upper left corner of the unit. This will switch between firmwares. I think 1.2 is in the first button and 1.1 in the 2nd. Firmware to run 2 pairs of vci-100's is in the third.
    Hi Ean, the supplemental instruction sheet that come with my VCI 100 shows the first loop button being firmware for two VCI 100, the second button for 1.2. which brings me to a question- when I update to the 1.3 how would I switch back to 1.2 if it is currently on button two, your video shows 1.2 being on button one? Thanks (for da knowledge)

64B