Good 2-Channel Mixer to sit next to an X1? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    If you are ever going to use it with CDJ's or turntables, yes. Keep in mind that the Z2 comes with a full Traktor Scratch Pro 2 license and timecode CD's and vinyl... the DJM-T1 comes with a lesser version of Traktor, which means you would have to purchase a Traktor Scratch upgrade kit.
    Not true! T1 comes with a free upgrade to Traktor scratch pro 2.6.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

If I was in that position i'd get a soundcard/mixer seperately as stated above to me it seems a pain to lug a bulky mixer to a gig, yes its narrow but its standard depth. I think carrying an x1 and a soundcard would be much easier - if you mark/label your audio cables correctly setup would be effortless in a booth. You could put an x1 and a soundcard in a laptop bag with a laptop - a whole mixer would require a large bag.

not sure what advice i'd give on soundcard but since you are already looking towards NI their cards are pretty rugged - and people do use them for production.

you'll still need a mixer for home,
    perhaps a pioneer mixer would be a better choice as being familiar with it would help as most clubs have pioneer gear - but at the end of the day they all function about the same so it shouldn't be that hard to adjust if you don't have a pioneer at home.

maybe compare pricing and features of whats available and see what your might like as features on the home mixer.

just thought i'd mention an often overlooked Xone:22 feature that i discovered after buying one (documented in the manual):
    you can switch some jumpers inside of it to turn the phono inputs into lines
    Last edited by Wuz; 11-13-2012 at 10:36 AM.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

Quote Originally Posted by Wuz View Post
    just thought i'd mention an often overlooked Xone:22 feature that i discovered after buying one (documented in the manual):
    you can switch some jumpers inside of it to turn the phono inputs into lines
    Nice tip!
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Hm... So it looks like Xone 22 and a soundcard is what I'm gonna go for, unles there is any last minute suggestions on the mixer in that price range, no onboard soundcard.

Ack, these soundcards are expensive. I'm probably gonna go with an NI Audio but there are like 2, 4, 6, 8 and now 10. Is a 10 really necessary?
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Its gangster to leave the sticker on. Not like Compton gangster, more like eminem gangster. My 47" LED TV is gangster like that. I left all of the stickers on the screen. Its more like a 20" triangle TV.

Tech Guru

Xone 22 is def cheap. Don't be fooled by the A&H name though, there have been quite a few people w/ quality issues w/ this mixer. Just something else to consider. If it was me.....Rane TTM-56 ($450-500) and Audio 4 ($150 or less). TTM-56 is known more for being a great battle mixer, but nothing is stopping you from blending w/ it. Superior sounding mixer and top of the line faders and build quality

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sn0wday View Post
    Hm... So it looks like Xone 22 and a soundcard is what I'm gonna go for, unles there is any last minute suggestions on the mixer in that price range, no onboard soundcard.

Ack, these soundcards are expensive. I'm probably gonna go with an NI Audio but there are like 2, 4, 6, 8 and now 10. Is a 10 really necessary?
    If you aren't going to need DVS ability or more than 2 stereo channels of output just grab an audio 2.

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    If you aren't going to need DVS ability or more than 2 stereo channels of output just grab an audio 2.
    Hm... Won't need DVS. Well, would there be a situation where I would need more than that ti play out? Like what would extra channels do for me, because I see in Traktor you can't even choose more than 2 stereo outputs for you output, so what would be the need?
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Its gangster to leave the sticker on. Not like Compton gangster, more like eminem gangster. My 47" LED TV is gangster like that. I left all of the stickers on the screen. Its more like a 20" triangle TV.

I got an audio 10 but actually an audio 6 is ample if you're just mixing two tunes.

This is an expensive hobby but x1, soundcard and mixer is right way to go.

Get the audio 6 and the best mixer you can afford. If you get cheap gear and later upgrade you spend twice

Though an audio 2 and a xone 22 will actually get you pretty far. you just wont be able to preview tracks with the preview deck

But back in the day we didnt have that. its just a luxury i couldn't now live without
    Last edited by MaxOne; 11-13-2012 at 09:21 PM.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I'd probably go for an Audio 4 or 6 if you can stretch it.
    Definitely try to get hands on some mixers on display if you can - should help you decide.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

You can get an Audio 6 on Ebay for around 200, and I don't know what budget you're aiming for but the Xone:22 is a good choice, but if its just for home use look at the new Behringer NOX mixers (if this is for travel, don't even bother with Behringer).

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...h-usb-dj-mixer
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123