Where to go now,
    Tech Mentor

Default Where to go now,

Hi guys, I'm kind of at a stopping point here skill-wise with DJing.

I'm using 2 cdj's (the old ones.. 200). And a DJM 400. I've been spinning for a year and a half and it's really getting there. I can beatmatch without effort, got the phrasing down more or less, and can throw down a decent set.

I find myself though this is pretty much what I do while DJing. Listen to the next track, beatmatch it, count and press play. Then I EQ it in and mix to the track. I spin techno by the way.

So my question is, where to go from here to improve my mixes? I don't have recordbox, a decent working loop function or hot queues, so basic mixing is pretty much all I can practice at home... or am I overlooking some techniques?

Basically I want to progress and I am kind of lost now so I could really use some advice!

Tech Mentor

Invest in an external sampler. Try Maschine. Or get a third deck. All depends on what you want to do.

Get more music.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Woah View Post
    Hi guys, I'm kind of at a stopping point here skill-wise with DJing.

I can beatmatch without effort, got the phrasing down more or less, and can throw down a decent set.
    Also, learn to beatmatch in your sleep, get phrasing down %200, and throw down some AMAZING sets. That should give you enough time to think about what new toys and techniques you can aqquire.