Tsp 1.1.2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tsp 1.1.2

Default Tsp 1.1.2

Sup all! just wanted to get some thoughts on the current version of TSP. We just upgraded in the last few days and the first things i've noticed are that the filter works differently and the deck cache is only 128MB?! Why... I had no issues with it before. What else is different? I need to thrash test it before saturday lol.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The Deck Cache was reduced because it was noticed that when playing on 4 decks and setting the Deck Cache Size to Max (256 on all 4 decks) a Macbook Pro with 2GB of RAM ran into trouble (dropouts, sluggish gui, etc.) after a few hours of performance. No-one could really fathom it at the time so it was consider better to reduce it so that people wouldnt use 256 and end up sounding like the music was being dragged through mud.

This was pretty controversial decision but it has solved a lot of problems for many users.
    The 256 option will probably return (dont take that as gospel)

The Filter , well that was and still is a lot of fun (not). People complained there wasnt enough resonance on the filter so NI added some (maybe too much) so then peeps were pissed that it was to noisy so they changed it back (i think thats how it went).
    Anyhoo pretty much all consider the answer to be a separate resonance knob.
    And there was some hoohaa about the Xone Filter but ive tried to cleanse my mind of the the whole drama.

Sweet cheers karlos. So sounds like its just a few changes here and there and some fixes eh. I liked the filter the way it was but no biggy as i usually use the fx on the DJM anyway. I gotta say i've been really happy with Pro except for when it first came out, now its solid as a rock and we love it
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Yeah ive had no stability issues with 1.1.2 at all.
    Its definitely a way better build than the first.
    Hope saturday goes well with it.

Haha cheers. I'm taking half the crew out to the middle of nowhere and i'm doing drum n bass for the first time which will be interesting!

Going over to the Dark Side eh. Im sure you will manage to slip in some Psytrance at some point !!!
    Post some pics of the Mental Middle Of Nowhere Antics.

will do. its a 21'st for a girl in a flat full of girls so could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    in a flat full of girls so could be interesting.
    bring glowsticks.

and i'm digging the new(er) filter.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

oh god im scared to upgrade now hahaha i have a gig at a party on sat and im not sure how different the filters could be etc...
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

God i am happy that they changed those singing filters back, the filter now is soooo much more usable for general mixing rather than just as an effect. Those who want singing filter FX should use the filters in the fx section.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast