(DnB) New track in progress, seeking comments & criticisms

Default (DnB) New track in progress, seeking comments & criticisms

Hey hey

This track came together out of nowhere from jamming in Maschine on some fresh breaks I was slicing up.
    Loaded up one of my favourite custom Razor patches for the bass, tweaked some square waves in Massive for the synth leads, and it kinda grew from there.

The tracks have been bounced out into ProTools for mixing and mastering with Ozone.
    I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out especially in such short time (20hrs all up), but can't help feeling like there's something more i could add that i'm just not thinking of.
    :: psy/OPs ¯ DRUM&BASS ¯ DUBSTEP ♫ _
    :: Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter //
    : ¯

Tech Mentor

Hey man great track!

It's got a great vibe and a sorta 'soul' to it that makes you feel good. As far as "adding" anything goes I think you might be good on that front. My suggestions are...

...with the square lead, maybe some light automation on it to make it a bit more expressive, maybe a couple of effects, and have it changing through out the song. I think this will give it more of an organic feel. As if the lead is growing and evolving, maybe even a register change or another synth layer might give it some great depth and dynamic.

To go along with that maybe some sorta dialogue between the bass, drums, and lead will help with giving it a stronger 'character'. It may even help stretch out the groove, without it sounding too long or repetitive.

Otherwise man great track again, I'll def look out for more of your stuff!

Sounding really nice so far, really nice bassline! Same as above, possibly in the breakdown before the 'drop' try adding in some sort of shaker loop or some other form of percussion just to spice it up a little?
    | NI Traktor Scratch Pro 2.1.3 | Steinberg Cubase 7.0 | Yamaha HS80m Monitors | Oxygen 25 |
    | Allen & Heath Xone:62 | Pioneer CDJ 200 | NI Kontrol X1 | Novation Launchpad |

Facebook | Twitter | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Tech Wizard

Definitely digging this track man. It's got a nice feel to it. After 1:30 is especially sick.