Anyone trying the 10inch lap tops?

Default Anyone trying the 10inch lap tops?

I'm curious to see if anyone has been brave enough to try the "new" 10 inch pc's that have been recently flooding the US. Dell, HP, Compac...etc. They appear to come with XPhome and are upgradeable to(some) 4GBRAM and plenty of USB's...plus price is nice. Seems awesome for production on those boring train/plane trips. Any thoughts either way. Oh....No need for Mac groupie "chime ins", as I use both.
    Last edited by Bodega Brad; 07-16-2009 at 12:08 AM.

I am running a MSI - U100 right now that I use for AbletonLive6 with 2 or 4 channels, Belvario Smartmixer, an eq3 on each chan and a limiter on the master. Thus far its run fairly smooth for me. I am sure I can streamline the little box a bit more to sqeeze more juice out of it. I do still have to upgrade from 1gb ram to the 2gb.

I also run Fl.Studio8 on it for when im sitting at work and wanna hash out a few ideas I may have pop into my head. Its no super power house when it comes to mass audio projects. I do have to bounce tracks more often then I would with my desktop system. Yet I find it tolerable.

When I am at home with it, I hook it up to a second monitor and use a program called synergy to remote the system from my desktop. Works great to set aside a let it host one prog to do simple loops etc.. and my main system to run my fav DAW

I have seen many of the other systems out there to that rival this one, mini power houses for sure, but the price was great for this one.

Definatley worth a look and a good buy as long as you;re not looking to have a supersystem.

plus for 300-600$(can) (mine was 300$) im not going to be as pissed as I would be if it were my MacBookPro to have beer spilled into it.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Screen resolution would be my biggest worry with those laptops, you start chopping alot of stuff off the screen when you start to get to those tiny resolutions.

Tech Mentor

a friend of mine uses it for his djing. he uses ableton and does a load of improv in it. he says it works great for DJing since he only needs like 2 audio channels and a couple of VSTs.

i wouldnt recommend running traktor on it though.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Screen resolution would be my biggest worry with those laptops, you start chopping alot of stuff off the screen when you start to get to those tiny resolutions.
    Yeah that is one downside I have to mine that I forgot to mention I forgot to mention.

When I am dj'n I do chop alot of the screen. I usually only run the clips and the file browser.
    My controllers are the Xsessions Pro and the Trigger Finger so I have enough feed back on them to see what channel im using etc...
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

It's not the size of the screen. It's the motion in the....ocean?

That metaphor didn't work so well...
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

I have a 12" HP that works really well. Not as small as the netbooks, but enough umph to run at 7ms latency. The screen is small, but as long as it's not too far away, it works fine.
    www.TheLucidLounge.com
    TSP 1.1.2 || Tech 1200's || Ecler Nou4 || Ableton Live 7