Thoughts on Behringer EUROLIVE B215D or other suggestions
    Tech Mentor

Default Thoughts on Behringer EUROLIVE B215D or other suggestions

Hey DJTT,

my current home setup is a traktor s4 and a pair of numark nmp5's, I've had them for about 9 months, and use them probably 5 times a week for mixing at my house. However, I'm looking to upgrade now because these speakers were pretty cheap (99$) and aren't exactly the loudest, the base response also kind of sucks too so. So anyways i'm looking for a speaker with a decently sized woofer (8" or greater) under $300 that I can get locally. In terms of what I'm looking to get out of it, I would like a powerful speaker that can get pretty loud and can make a room bumpy (if possible), i push these nmp5's to max gain usually because they arent the loudest speakers, so i'm looking for something loud so that I wont have to abuse it, although if these speakers can take abuse all the better. So at long and mcquade i was looking at this product Behringer EUROLIVE B215D ( http://www.long-mcquade.com/products...eaker_W_12.htm ) and wondering if anyone has gotten this product and/or what they think of this product, what are the pros/cons, and will it satisfy my needs ? If not could you possibly suggest a different product and give a name and a link

thanks

Even though the general opinion on Behringer is that they make shite, I tend to have a sweet spot for the brand.
    They offer the best bang for buck if you're going for a cheaper route.

I'm still a big fan of products like the BCR2000, the xenyx panels and I am still keen to find out if the NOX series mixers is any good.

Just go and test the Eurolives, and be sure to picks some of the CDs or your own tracks/productions and see how they colour the intended sound.
    Judge if that is anything to go by.

Me, I'm just a sucker for the brand.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Behringer's been making speakers for a long time, and as much as I despise them, their loudpseakers are actually pretty decent for the price. Heavy as fuck though, definitely not Eons (in virtually every way). The only real thing to watch out for is the hit or miss failure rate, and the pain that is Behringer repair service.

Tech Guru

The local mountain bike club here picked up couple of the 215d's for their PA and to run some tunes through during 24 hour mtb races.

Haven't skipped a beat after a few years now and the speakers have been lugged in to some pretty remote locations, rained on, covered in dust etc

So thats one good news story to counter some of the negative noise that is generated whenever Behringer is mentioned on here.

Tech Mentor

so in general you guys think it's what i may be looking for ? any other suggestions of speakers that offer same quality maybe cheaper etc

Tech Mentor

also im far from a speaker guru so i was just wondering if the xlr cables would come in the package so that i could hook them straight up to my s4, or is there anything complicated about xlr etc? (i know these speakers dont have an RCA input)

Tech Mentor

Well I own a pair of 215Ds and I will say they are great! They are exactly as advertised, no secrets!

Also guitar center sells them for about 25 dollars cheaper my friend.

Long mcquade so guessing in Canada we get hosed on so much stuff here I found axe music has cheaper speaker prices then long mcquade sometimes moog audio has decent prices too... In general long mcquade prices are more which sucks since only music store really in my area one downside of sask I guess

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0beet View Post
    Well I own a pair of 215Ds and I will say they are great! They are exactly as advertised, no secrets!

Also guitar center sells them for about 25 dollars cheaper my friend.
    did they come with an xlr cable to attach to your mixer (ps what kind of mixer are you using ?)