Cracks in sound using the traktor audio 10 interface with an external mixer and X1
    Tech Convert

Default Cracks in sound using the traktor audio 10 interface with an external mixer and X1

Hi people,

I recently bought a traktor kontrol X1 and a traktor audio 10 interface. The reason I bought these two is because my A&H xone 3D's midi signals are really fucked up ( for example: using the left jogwheel changes like 10 things in traktor pro 2: effects,tempo,filter etc.). So what i want to use is: the mixer part of the A&H xone 3D with the traktor X1. I hooked up line A and B from the xone 3D to the audio 10's outputs A and B. The problem starts when I play music through channel A and/or B, I have cracks in the sound each 5 minutes, they last like 3-5 seconds but are very annoying! Does anybody knows what this means? And knows how to fix this?

KReal

I've had that problem too with cracks in the sound. Do you use mac or windows? First I was using windows and there were some cracks. When I moved to mac I never had any problem. The problem when is was using windows was that I didn't optimized the computer for running audio-programs. I you do this, the problem would be solved mostly.

Tech Mentor

If your laptop/computer has a wireless network card, try disabling it in the Device Manager. On every Windows machine I've ran Traktor off, network traffic on a wireless adaptor card will cause drops and clicks in the sound. Some low level access issues in Windows audio drivers methinks... bad juju.

Tech Convert

It was indeed the wireless network card. I turned Wifi off, and the problem was fixed.
    This seems to be a common problem with traktor audio interfaces :S

Thnx guys!