A quest for tracks - How do you go about acquiring new music? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Guru

Personally I don't bother with Beatport at all, just Traxsource, Juno, Trackitdown, Ravedownload and iTunes. Also use Spotify but tbh I've already got the tunes I want by the time they appear on general release, but it's v good for searching out similar tunes. Also get sent promo tracks and use Soundcloud as well.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by MWagner View Post
    What style do you play? Playing DnB, I've had the same complaint about drumstep tracks, which were sometimes in Dubstep and sometimes in Drum & Bass. I have to say though, I've noticed a marked improvement within the last couple months where they are much more consistent about it.
    progressive house (the real stuff. not the stuff they play in the top100), techno (usually 130BPM+ darker stuff), tech-trance (the harder edge). the techno part is usually the easiest to find but with the current popularity of "house" and "trance" the new releases section of those two are riddled with much hands-in-the-air-synth stuff it isn't even funny. especially trance is filled with it. i usually just give up and go to trackitdown where i can explicitly can search for sub-genres.
    of course one could just stick to a label like Discover Dark but that would be kind of stale.
    Last edited by Era 7; 11-17-2012 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Era 7 View Post
    progressive house (the real stuff. not the stuff they play in the top100), techno (usually 130BPM+ darker stuff), tech-trance (the harder edge). the techno part is usually the easiest to find but with the current popularity of "house" and "trance" the new releases section of those two are riddled with much hands-in-the-air-synth stuff it isn't even funny. especially trance is filled with it. i usually just give up and go to trackitdown where i can explicitly can search for sub-genres.
    of course one could just stick to a label like Discover Dark but that would be kind of stale.
    ahhhhh, i see. Yeah I can imagine that would be a problem. Even the techno section can be a little skewed, at times it's a bit 1605-heavy (luckily I like 1605 records)
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

I've got nothing useful to add, other than check out some previous threads on this subject, because this topic regularly comes up. Plus I fancied posting my favourite Floating Points track:

That is all.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123