Remapping certain things
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Default Remapping certain things

Hey guys

So, sooner than later (I hope) I'm going to start putting together my DJ rig the way I want. Pretty much what I'll be working with is:

Two Numark TTX's (probably going to replace the ones I own if cleaning them doesn't help)
    One Korg KM-402 (Might upgrade later than sooner)
    One VCI-100
    Two PadKontrols (For Cue and beat jumping)
    One MIDI Fighter (For various master controls (Master/Slave setup, absolute/relative settings)

:eek:

I want to start implementing scratching (once I learn) as well as re-introduce the tacticle control of vinyl, which I do miss. This will be more dynamic four deck control, of course. This is going to be quite over the top, and before I can really do it I need a few stands to raise my PK's, VCI-100 and Midi Fighter over my turntables/mixer.

But it'll force me to completely remap the VCI-100. I won't need the crossfader, volume controls, or EQ/Gain/balance. So, what should I do with them? On the simplistic system I can remap the EQ/Gain to be effect controls for the Decks, so I don't need to keep switching, and can then remap the Effect Select button to do something else.

But what about the Volume, Balance pots and Crossfader? What would you guys remap these to do? I'm a symmetrical person, so the Crossfader is really what's throwing me off. What I've been thinking of doing is having a slam effect (Like, I hit the crossfader and it just shoots a reverb effect through the master or something at a specified amount.

Keep in mind this is independent of Bomes because I haven't gotten around the problems it's been giving me. This is all exclusively in Traktor 3 as I have not started implementing Ableton Live! (though once this is all structured and I'm comfortable with it I do think that'll be the next logical step).

Also, does anyone know a way to convert a footswitch to USB/MIDI? I am trying to do it independent of the PadKontrol so I can use 4 deck control when I go to clubs without ALL my gear.

Hopefully when I move into my new apartment in September I'll set this up and take loads of pics so everyone can see the madness I will be working with :-)

Hope all is well
    J
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Yeah, that is really crazy. I love buttons, but I would have to label everything. And not touch a drop of alcohol.

Oh, it's so much more fun when everything kind of hazes together.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I guess thats how you can find new things out. I do that everyonce in a while and go "WOW, now I need not to black out so that I can remember this!" lol

Sometimes you just need to hit buttons randomly until it works. The best way to do that is to not care
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Until you hit the load to deck button and all of a sudden the sound goes dead and another track starts playing. Its happen to me, needless to say I moved that button out of the way.

yeah, I've done that too.

Whatever. No different than when my friend hit skip on the main deck, not the cue'd deck
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    yeah, I've done that too.

Whatever. No different than when my friend hit skip on the main deck, not the cue'd deck
    Yeah, I've had this exact problem. This must be very very common.

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Oh, it's so much more fun when everything kind of hazes together.
    Let's just hope you don't mean the dutch singer André Hazes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOcd6xkWn7A
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --