Brave or Stupid?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Brave or Stupid?

Was fiddling around with some tunes pre-gig last night when the master out on my BCD3000 decided to go very very quiet.

Could fix it, got in a flap, as I had 50 minutes before I had to go to the venue. Then saw the VCI-100 that'd been delivered on Monday, and the soundcard I'd bought midweek. I'd decided to avoid playing with it until next week as I had no idea what I was doing with it, but needs must when the devil kicks you in the balls

Rigged everything up, worked out which button did what (vaguely - nothing too clever, but I got the effects and loops working) and tore arse out of the place. VCI was bombproof, loved the touch sensitive platters, soundcard was decent.

Me = one happy camper.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

awesome i had a similar situation when we got the herc...only had time do do a very basic mapping with it before gig testing it. Well done, I'd much rather have the VCI than the BCD anyday!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

i would love to be in that same situation but as of now i have to stick with bcd3k and a nanokontrol...but good to hear that it worked that well
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Thats awesome cus i used my VCI at a gig last nite for the first time as well.
    Ive had a 2 months but just havent had the time to properly bash out a tsi i like.
    Spent most of friday daytime with it and used it last nite.
    Absolute joy to use.

Me = one happy camper as well.

Glad it worked out for you so i guess the answer to your question is: BRAVE.

My beloved Oxygen 8 died yesterday I'm currently controllerless (and penniless..) I think I'm gna invest in a VCI - although I really like using the club's mixer (harking back to the good old CDJ days..)
    Is it time for me to let go? I've never used the internal mixer before... I also want to be taken seriously at venues, so I'm kinda scared of just rocking up with a controller and just plugging in and playing... thoughts?!

belchman, get the VCI and use the club mixer for EQ'ing
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

do you then just use one output from the soundcard? and say put it into channel 1?

oh and can you still get the arcade edition from djTT or has that been discontinued?

you can use one channel on the mixer as your "master" and use a second channel to monitor off (volume down, cue on) or do what i do and use two channels and do all the mixing/EQing off the mixer and just use the controller for cueing/ looping and all that shit.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    belchman, get the VCI and use the club mixer for EQ'ing
    Why dude ?

I just ran my main output from the Firebox into the mixer and used the EQ on the VCI (Traktor) . To be honest it was more responsive that the damn Rane Installation that is in the club.
    Doing this meant that i could still have the CD players lined up in case i fucked up with the VCI (i always have a backup).

You can still tweak the mixer EQ but that would mean some heavy EQing going on. I just zereod the mixer EQ.
    The EQ on Traktor is good enough i my opinion. Ive got an Xone92 and i struggle to hear the difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast