Mixers & the Oxygen 8 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yeh, this site is amazing! It's like a comunity of digital DJ non-haters I've got cue points on "Cheap Thrills" by Herve, using Jacko's Thriller. Good tune.. can't quite find a way to build that routine into my set yet tho..

Cheers for watching

Tech Convert

so what is the difference between an analogue and a midi mixer and what connects to where?

Quote Originally Posted by alvrz1908 View Post
    so what is the difference between an analogue and a midi mixer and what connects to where?
    A midi controller, controls the software, ie it could effect the EQs the Pitch fader...or anythin youv mapped it to. Midi controllers connect via a USB, or firewire or midi in/out.

An analogue mixer connects by audio cables from your audio interface, and does the EQs, volume faders etc externally. they do not control the software!
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Tech Convert

so the sound card will create/recognize? the two separate channels and do it externally?

What are the pros and cons to either set up?

I was going this same route to start things out, and was looking at something like the A&H xone 22.

Tech Guru

did you check the Numark 950 USB alredy?
    It's a hybrid analog/digital mixer...
    http://www.numark.com/dm950usb#2

Quote Originally Posted by V-Hoff View Post
    did you check the Numark 950 USB alredy?
    It's a hybrid analog/digital mixer...
    http://www.numark.com/dm950usb#2
    I'm not sure whether i like the look of that.. more like a semi-usb gimic mixer..

is this the first thread with a second one also talking about this stuff, cause it seems like the same topic

anywho like in the other thread, people need to understand not all dj mixers are analog, in fact most after a certain point do not sum the sound with analog parts but digital.

a digital mixer doesn't imply it is a midi mixer.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

well.. as i understand it a digital mixer would be something like a vci 100 type thing - a total midi controller which is set up for controlling the internal mixer on software.

an analogue mixer would be your standard mixer - channel faders, channel inputs, crossfader etc - and there are hundreds and thousands around...

and a mixer with midi capabilities is something like the DJM 800, where you can connect midi cables to it and assign any of the knobs to controls on the computer

then you have usb/analoge hybrids - like the A&H xone 3d or 4d - which contains an analogue, non midi assignable mixer with separate dedicated fully mappable midi controls (faders, buttons, knobs, jog wheels etc)

there.. does that differ form anyone else's understanding?

decks.co.uk is a good place to look i think, if only for the specs then look elsewhere for cheaper price

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast