2 18' qsc subs 2 qsc k10 weak bass coming from subs
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default 2 18' qsc subs 2 qsc k10 weak bass coming from subs

Hi all,

i have my 2qsc 1000 watt subs and 2 qsc k10's. Im running l/r 1/4 out from s4 to left and right subs then out from l/r subs to l/r k10's.

problem is im not getting a deep hitting bass for the set up i have. my buddy hooks up to the same set up using a allen and heath xone:4d but his outputs from the controller are xlr not 1/4 in and his set up has MUCH more punch.

any thought as to way this is happening?

thanks in advance!

Tech Mentor

try using a different EQ setting. I use the P600 emulation, I get much more bass and fatness from it. Im also using 2.0 still, since 2.5+ is giving me CPU problems.

I used 2.6 for a while, but I noticed a difference in sound almost right away. Changing the EQ emulation helped a little, but I ultimately went back to 2.0.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Janky View Post
    try using a different EQ setting. I use the P600 emulation, I get much more bass and fatness from it. Im also using 2.0 still, since 2.5+ is giving me CPU problems.

I used 2.6 for a while, but I noticed a difference in sound almost right away. Changing the EQ emulation helped a little, but I ultimately went back to 2.0.
    will give it a shot, thanks for the quick reply!! i did notice that 2.5 seems to use up more of my cpu than 2.0

Tech Guru

COuld always have something to do w/ the signal you're getting out of Traktor.....EQ, clipping/limiter and what not. Could have bad or wrong cables possibly. Def check those. There should be no sound difference between XLR and TRS

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    COuld always have something to do w/ the signal you're getting out of Traktor.....EQ, clipping/limiter and what not. Could have bad or wrong cables possibly. Def check those. There should be no sound difference between XLR and TRS
    gonna get better cables as well....it was just such a huge diff between my sound and my buddies. i mean i had no bass and he was just wayyyyy more powerfull

Tech Mentor

Also, was the over all volume the same as well?

Make sure your cables are in phase. If they're out of phase you'll get cancellation and a lower bass response.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Wizard

yup i had plenty of high end but minimal low and when ever the bass would hit on a song the sound would drop..but his set up never did that all night

Are your cables TRS or just Tip Sleeve?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Make sure your cables are in phase. If they're out of phase you'll get cancellation and a lower bass response.
    can u elaborate a bit more on this? thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast