Stanton T62 + S4?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Stanton T62 + S4?

So I currently have an S4 running to Traktor. As an unrelated purchase I just bought the Stanton T62 (Beatles vinyl collection came out... I gave in). Can I work these two together? What needs to be done and how does one do it?

You need a scratch upgrade and some control vinyl, then just plug the rca's into which ever deck you wanna play in traktor.
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Tech Convert

Is there any cheaper way to upgrade to scratch other than paying another $100?

not unless you can find someone getting rid of the code for cheap

Tech Mentor

You don't need to buy anything else if you just wanna play vinyl... just plug into C or D, set that deck as live input, and set the switches on the back of the S4 to USB and PHONO.

If you wanna use control vinyl to control Traktor, then you must purchase the Scratch upgrade kit for the S4.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    You don't need to buy anything else if you just wanna play vinyl... just plug into C or D, set that deck as live input, and set the switches on the back of the S4 to USB and PHONO.

If you wanna use control vinyl to control Traktor, then you must purchase the Scratch upgrade kit for the S4.
    This might be a dumb question but I am completely new to this. How can you control the vinyl? Doesn't it just hook into the RCA cable?

Control vinyl is used to play your music from your traktor library on a TT. If you just wanna play regular records then you don't need anything just put whatever deck you wanna use on live input

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by people people View Post
    This might be a dumb question but I am completely new to this. How can you control the vinyl? Doesn't it just hook into the RCA cable?
    Timecode vinyl is a special vinyl that Traktor can read... it allows you to control the files on your computer by using your turntable.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    Timecode vinyl is a special vinyl that Traktor can read... it allows you to control the files on your computer by using your turntable.
    Ah, alright makes sense. Well there is another $400 im sure I am going to be spending.... damn this hobby gets expensive

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by people people View Post
    Ah, alright makes sense. Well there is another $400 im sure I am going to be spending.... damn this hobby gets expensive
    If you simply purchase the Scratch upgrade kit for the S4, then it is only $100 or so. Includes upgrade to Traktor Scratch Pro 2 software and timecode CD's and vinyl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast