Off topic posts from "leaving the bedroom"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Default Off topic posts from "leaving the bedroom"

Quote Originally Posted by mpetersen3 View Post
    Ed. I am making a myspace music account, does anyone know of any good layouts, articles, etc. and what the legality/risk of putting up a mix is?
    Yeah they do check. I got my Myspace Music page shut down for a day for putting ELO-Xanadu in my player . Seriously i got shut down until i filled out a questionnaire about Copyrighted Music.
    The questions (about 5 of them) were like:

Do you think its right that you can take credit for someone elses music - Y / N
    Do you understand that people who write songs dont want their songs stolen -Y /N

Blah Blah.

Myspace is WANK for DJs . Its just full of sh*t bands . What about the DJs that dont bother making their own music (lets face it most DJs make sh*t music) and just want to be DJs.

I do like Myspace though , but maybe thats because im drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Yeah they do check. I got my Myspace Music page shut down for a day for putting ELO-Xanadu in my player . Seriously i got shut down until i filled out a questionnaire about Copyrighted Music.
    The questions (about 5 of them) were like:

Do you think its right that you can take credit for someone elses music - Y / N
    Do you understand that people who write songs dont want their songs stolen -Y /N

Blah Blah.

Myspace is WANK for DJs . Its just full of sh*t bands . What about the DJs that dont bother making their own music (lets face it most DJs make sh*t music) and just want to be DJs.

I do like Myspace though , but maybe thats because im drunk.
    I laughed it off twice, and then they banned me from music...3 months ago and I still can't upload shit...haha. oh well, I can still post my full mixes. Ever tried www.djcentral.com?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

No not seen that one.
    Just checked your page , on the face of it we are way different but you check EPMD and Premier on your page so i tried to add you cus i love EPMD but you got some secuity sh*t goin on so....

BTW i am actually steaming drunk , just got in from my gig . What the fuck eh!!!

Tech Mentor

Call yourself PeteNik! I'm in a similar position but my friend has just opened a bar up. Th good thing is that I've got a gig there on a Saturday night for 3 hours next weekend, the bad thing is that I know alot of the people that go there and the expectation will be high and the fact that the place is new and usually only has indie/folk bands is going to make it a hard one. Also, about 80% of their patrons end up outside so when they come in for drinks I'm going to have to work hard to make them stay.

I kind of understand that you have to be confident but not cocky, show that you know your stuff while always keeping an open mind.
    Macbook 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, Presonus Firebox, X-Session Pro, Behringer BCR2000, Technics RPDJ-1200's.

haha..I'm tilted myselff. sorry...I think I remedied that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuz View Post
    I am my worst critic.
    Whenever i feel i've had a banging bedroom session i've never recorded it.
    Whenever i record something i feel nervous about the end product and when i listen back i'm never happy.

Maybe because when it's live its all well and good to have imperfections - makes it real.
    But when i listen back to a recorded set i nitpick.
    feeling this. my reasons for not playing out rank roughly as follows:

1. puss
    2. high standards
    distant 3. logistics
    reason, live7, traktor pro, m-audio x-session, m-audio O2, KRK RP5, Roland RD300sx

This thread was really helpful got heaps of good advice out of this thanks guys!

a little off topic but... i got my first gig tomorrow night at a massive house party hehe WOOOOT cant wait! Il end up playing i reckon for around 2 hours or so, so this could be quite a good experience on learning to read a crowd etc does any one have any tips on this or house partys? like how to kinda softly say no to playing some music which doesnt fit what your mixing or how to get people to the dance floor when your about to start your set? haha sorry if this has been said before in another thread

Thanks in advance
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

Awesome man thanks for that ^_^ im a hit up a few of my mates now and see if i can sus out an MC i got a good idea of who i can get to introduce me so should be good fun to see how this turns out!

I will be sure to let everyone know how the party turns out hehe got a long night ahead of me of practicing and preparing for this gig now
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

drunken MC fun!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

We've got a video from our first show sitting around somewhere. Still waiting on the footage tho lazy bugger that filmed it!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast