Traktor Pro & Oxygen 8V2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor Pro & Oxygen 8V2

Hey peeps,

I'm new so i wondered if you can help me out. I tried loading Ean's tks file into pro then realized that pro only accepts tsi files. So does anyone know if Ean made a new one or if there are ones around i can use.

Thanks!

in the blogpost from july 7th it says that in a few weeks there will be an oxygen tsi, so just wait a little longer

http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/07/0...ms-seamlessly/

I don't want to blow my own trumpet.. but have a sneaky peek at my youtube videos on exactly this.

I'll send you my TSI if you like it (I think ean's wont be as general purpose - if you get me)

my channel is www.youtube.com/user/belchable

Let me know what you think

Tech Wizard

Shy-Guy I am in the exact same position, with a new Oxygen 8v2 and excitedly waiting for the new mapping, I think he said somewhere DJTT will be producing an overlay for it too. I was thinking about the VCI-100 but, for less money, I liked the idea of the keyboard setup.

Hope it will be something that we can use for 'everyday' mixing.

Tech Convert

Thanks for your reply guy's well basically im a house dj so im not after the whole beat juggling stuff i just want simple mixing the problem im having really is just what to set up on the keyboard for instance what key should do what and what knob should do what....

I'm going to be using the internal mixer so i of course need 2 knob's on the oxygen 8 to control deck a & deck b....

Just wondered if you guy's could help me out?

Not sure the oxygen 8 would perform so well with internal mixing, but its all down to personal preference as far as what knob does what! How many knobs do you have in total on that thing ?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Convert

Hmmm im sure it's possible though?

There's 8 knobs altogether so i guess i could make the top 4 for deck a and the bottom 4 for deck b?

yup just took a look myself - oh yes its deff possible, i'm not saying it isnt, its just not laid out the best way to use for internal mixing.

Like you say you could use the 2 rows of 4 knobs as top deck a bottom deck b low mid high and filter maybe

Does the oxygen 8 have scenes ie can press a button and you get 8 more knobs to use? if so you could then map the same 8 knobs to effects control. If you dont have scenes you could still achieve this by creating a modifier button on the keyboard that changes them within the software.

What do you want control over , thats your first question?

G
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Convert

Yeah thats a cool idea. Im not sure if it has different scenes could anyone who has experience with an oxygen 8 v2 clarify this please?

These are the things i want to do:

- Tracks sync automatically

- Be able to load tracks easily

- Cue points - to be honest i only really need 1 cue point and thats from the first kick of the song

- Looping - i would like to be able to do on the fly looping

- Effects - i would like to be able to control the effects. One thing i should add as well is that i have a Korg Nano Pad so i could do effects via that?

That's about it really...

Ok shy-guy - if you wanna be internally mixing 4 decks - I'd suggest...

-Black Keys in groups of 3 for FX on (left hand side slot 1, RH slot 2..)

-other black keys (Csharp and Dsharp) for Transport controls - ie. play/pause for ABC&D

-those dedicated transport control clicky buttons below the knobs, for sync buttons, perhaps the circle for switching filters on and off? and another for focus shift maybe.

- For cue points and looping controls, i'd recommend using the white keys, in whatever order you feels the most ergonomic for you.

Unfortunately, its rubbish for looking thru your library, you're gna have to do that with the laptop - but that really isnt too much bother.. get used to the traktor hotkeys.

I reeeally wouldn't reccoment using different scenes. That's only my opinion. I'm normally good with techy things like that, and I just cant get my head around it - and def can't afford to have that trouble in the middle of a gig (devastation ensues.. )

Ah korg nanopad.. perhaps they should be your looping controls or cue points?

The knobs.. I use them for FX, but then I have an external mixer. As long as you have one for a filter, and maybe use some spare keys as EQ kills, then you probably wont need EQ knobs. But its up to you. I really like having the FX as I've described - ofr me, works perfectly

Tbh, with syncing, I hardly use the x-fader (embarrassingly..) I use EQ and filters and FX to bring songs in.. and when using 4 decks, the x fader gets quite tricky.

However, I used to use the mod wheel in traktor 3 for the fader, so you could try that

Hope that lot helps. If my oxygen hadnt died on me.. i'd quite easily make you up a TSI for internal mixing, but it's gna be a week until i get the parts to fix it

What you think?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast