Can someone smart and knows what to do help me??

Default Can someone smart and knows what to do help me??

This question is about streaming video online.. Usually a webcam and a microphone or camera with a mic in it is used to capture video and sound... But how would you go about having the camera take the video, and then have the audio come from traktor?

Tech Guru

i bet there are apps specific to this task, not sure if expensive they are though. also not sure what OS you are running. i know there are several apps that let you capture the sound of any app .. though I mostly only know the ones used on OS X. the next task is to find a video chat app that can accept such an audio source. that should make for a simple and cheap solution, though those apps are probably not very nice to your audio signal.

so i guess what you would look for is to route the audio into a video camera and from there back into some video streaming setup dedicated for more high quality streaming.

just thinking aloud .. i dont actually have any experience with any of this.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Stickam.com seems to be a cool site to stream , saw the Deadmau5 stream - so I signed up .. I just don't know what "apps" exactly to even look into.

right.. I've spent hours cracking this one!! lol what soundcard do you use with traktor? and do you use an external mixer?

This is what I do:

Audio 8 DJ (soundcard) runs out 2 outputs (deck A & deck B) from Traktor into the mixer.
    Then I run a RCA cable from the 'booth out'/'zone out'/record out' out of my mixer (booth/zone is best, as you can control the level on the mixer); and route that back into the audio 8, into the Deck C or D input (5+6, or 7+8).
    Then I go into garage band or audacity, and record my mix on the relevant channel, with the webcam turned on (roughly at the same time, but its no biggy) recording my mixing.

What you then do is get the audio file and the video file (when finished) and put them together on iMovie (or PC similar) and line them up on there (you should be able to tell - eg. at the point when you press play on the video, and when the music comes on)

I've just realised, that's not for streaming, but for recording your video/audio for youtube...

Streaming-wise.. You might be able to fiddle about with you're webcam program, and if you can select the 1/8" jack input or whatever for the mic (you should be able to choose your audio recording device), then you could use the same audio routing technique described above, and choose the corresponding input on the soundcard.

If that's unbelievably complicated (it looks it..) then let me know, and i'll make you video tutorial and put it on youtube

Hope that helps...

take it easy

Duh!!!! you're right, just figured it out to go through the 1/8" , i have a 1/4 with a 1/8 connector on it

thaaaaanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ OnDelay View Post
    Duh!!!! you're right, just figured it out to go through the 1/8" , i have a 1/4 with a 1/8 connector on it

thaaaaanks!
    What do you mean? Nice one anyhoo