any software that give you the key better than beatune 3.5.8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default any software that give you the key better than beatune 3.5.8

hi guys
    just got beatunes 3 for the mac to sort out my key's,,, is their a way of transferring the key data to traktor without having to do this manually.. iv done a few already manually but ive got over 6,500 tracks and that would just be silly,,,lol..
    only joking on that front,, but would only do my dj sets with it...
    thanks
    andy

Mixed in key is the most popular im pretty sure..

hi allday
    ye im about to try this as well..
    at the moment it seems to be trial and error to find the best bits of kit and software,,
    will defo have a look..

Yeh MIK is your best bet.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Is there a software package that can ID the key of a song that isn't saved as a file? Say if I hook up my turntable to my line-in on my laptop and just let the track play. I really don't want to fiddle with audacity to save a file and then run the file through MIK.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Says View Post
    Is there a software package that can ID the key of a song that isn't saved as a file? Say if I hook up my turntable to my line-in on my laptop and just let the track play. I really don't want to fiddle with audacity to save a file and then run the file through MIK.
    I'm not aware of software, but there is this database deal. http://www.harmonic-mixing.com/KeyResultsDatabase.aspx
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

MIK should look into that. Most new vinyl that comes out has a key posted somewhere on the internet. Beatport or on chemical. But I've got some old stuff so that's where my hiccup is. I'll dig through the link. Thanks.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

As far as Beatunes goes I think if you select replace key when you analyze it will put the key in the key tag and Traktor will read that.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

My experience with beatunes was that it was fine you are very strict using it for every change to your itunes library and don't mind doing a bunch of batch updates to convert to camelot key notation (if thats what you are after, for me it was). However somewhere in the last year I added some stuff to my library without spending a whole bunch of time correcting all the minor naming inconsistencies etc that it suggests. Net result it won't refresh and read my 100gig plus itunes properly any more.

I was screwing around trying to fix it in the last couple of month back and forth with their customer support and then I noticed the MIK price had fallen. Bought it, installed it, used it and haven't looked back.

Beatunes offers more features (hunt missing info, give 'color' etc), but I realized when do I actually use the other features? MIK gives key and bpm and writes it directly to the ID3 tag, thats all I need and don't think its worth the hassle going the other route.

MIK USD58
    Beatunes USD35

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Trainspotter will pickup the keys from Beatport for free. Just make sure tracks with multiple artists are separated with commas.
    ie: "Mendo, Danny Serrano" as opposed to "Mendo & Danny Serrano".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast