S4 help!!!

Thread: S4 help!!!

Tech Convert

Default S4 help!!!

Hey guys,
    I have a question for other Traktor Kontrol S4 users!!

I have had this issue where I am mixing, at home(though this has happened during some big gigs too which has made it a serious problem) and my sound blows out.

When i am mixing, and playing with my FX, fx 1 is a gater/beatmash/flanger, and at least one is turned on, then i mess around with FX 2 (an LFO 42 or something), sometimes as soon as i hit fx 2 and turn it on, i hear a big pop, there is no more audio, my master output shows that it has peaked with a red line on it,
    and i need to close and restart tractor to get everything back to normal.

you can probably see why this is a problem when I'm playing out, and when I'm feeling in the zone messing with stuff, all of a sudden something gets overwhelmed and i need to restart the program. Its a new macbook, i think that should be up to scratch.

I can't be the only one this has happened to... anyone have any solutions??
    Thanks so much!

Tech Convert

131 views?
    cmon guuuys :P

Tech Wizard

I rock an 1 year old Mac book pro with i5 and have never seen this issue. I would reload tracktor and go from there. See if you can borrow a laptop load tracktor on there see if it still happens. Trouble shoot it and get back to us with a more detailed description.

Quote Originally Posted by plazma View Post
    131 views?
    cmon guuuys :P
    I assume because no one is familiar with a problem like that. Ive never heard of that before but maybe an issue with the Soundcard on the S4? I would contact NI.
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Tech Mentor

The sooner you open an NI ticket the better. Although, do have a look at your latency settings first. Smells CPU-ish to me.