Traktor S4 with no installation disc?!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor S4 with no installation disc?! NI has no online download Wt*...

So, today bought myself a used Traktor S4. My problem is, that there was no installation disc, but only a serial number with the s4...
    At first i thought i could take it home, register the serial number and activate the s4 online and then be able to download the installation file for Traktor S4 Pro, from NI's website.
    First of all,
    I can't register softwares online, but I have to install Traktor Pro S4 on the computer and then activate the software through service center. "which is just wonderful when you dont have a CD...."
    I've searched their entire website, forums and google for an installation file, but with no luck...

Any ideas on what I should do next?

Could anyone copy the installation file from their disc and post it online, or is that not an option?

I hate to just sit here next to my S4, and not be able to use it....

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by FEEDIT; 11-17-2012 at 02:32 PM.

No one ever seen or heard about this problem before?:/

Tech Mentor

Did the previous owner unregister the software, and provide you with proof of doing so? If not, you will likely have to purchase a license for Traktor Pro 2. You should contact NI registration support for further assistance.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

We talked about that, when i was at his house and he said he never registered his product online.
    I've not been able to check if the serial-no works, because I haven't been able to install the software yet:/
    But as it is right now, the problem is finding an installation file online. In that way, I can install the program, which will then "pop up" in my service center, so i can register it. I just don't understand why NI, haven't made it possible to register your serial-no online, without having to install the program first.

Tech Mentor

Did your extensive search of the the entire website take you to this page?
    http://co.native-instruments.com/ind...Service_Center

I think you might be in for some disappointment tbh.
    I don't think the software is transferable. So I'm of the opinion you'll need to buy it.

Download the service center app and register your hardware using the serial number, you should get the option to download the software if it was never truly registered.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Yes my "extensive" search has taken me to that page many times I've also read that, once you have registered your software once, it will be available to download on the website... But as you know I can't register withouth the software..

Tech Mentor

If he used it, then he had to register it. Traktor has to be registered to be activated. Until he submits a request for it to be removed from his account, you cannot register and activate the software in your name.

From what you have mentioned... the S4 is a slightly older one which came with Traktor Pro S4 software, which came only with an installation disc. The software was not available online (or at least isn't these days). The newer S4's come with Traktor Pro 2, which is available only as a download. You will have to register the S4 version software first, and then contact support to get the Pro 2 upgrade.

As I said before... your best bet is to contact NI registration support and explain the situation. They will be able to assist you with this.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

After what i know, you can't register hardware in the service-center.

/brocklambert,
    I'm already working on the "contacting NI" part :-) And I'm sending an SMS to the seller today asking him to fill out the form, stating that he wants to transfer the software registration to me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast