For the Mac Users

Default For the Mac Users

Here's a cool little app that I stumbled upon. It might come in handy to all you DJs and sound nerds. http://osxdaily.com/2012/11/16/recor...t-easy-wavtap/

Lets you record as a wav, whatever is playing on your Mac audio output.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

have you tried this out.. i currently use audio hijac but it's in trial and only runs for 10 mins.. does this work just as well??
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

It's a little buggy but seems to work ok. I was going to try audio hijack next as I hadn't heard about it until I came across this.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

WireTap Studio

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I tried it and it was buggy. Rogue Amoeba was doing a bundle special with Fission and Audio Hijack not to long ago.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I used to have audio hijack until I realized it was basically replicating what the OS can do for the most part with Audacity and Soundflower. Both of those are free and simple to use. One thing I would suggest would be to get Line-in which is free from Rogue Amoeba. There's also a good little app called soundsource which allows you to pick and choose your inputs and outputs from your top menu bar on a mac (saves you from having to open up system settings and all that).
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I tried it and it was buggy. Rogue Amoeba was doing a bundle special with Fission and Audio Hijack not to long ago.
    Rogue Amoeba, did they made airfoil too?
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Wizard

I'm sad to hear that this little software is buggy! I installed it but haven't tested it much yet.
    Thanks for the tip, BMO. I am gonna check out Soundflower tomorrow.