What is Underground?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default What is Underground?

I thought I knew what underground meant but apparently, it is not what I thought it was. I basically thought it was good to great tracks that never made it to the limelight because they are not part of the cool thing that is of the day.
    Can anyone clarify?

I class it as something where outsiders would find it hard to get it... so if you weren't into a specific underground genre at first it would be quite hard to find the actual music and the good stuff.

Underground isn't only just in reference to music, it's also an ideal, a scene (of sorts) and a frame of mind. IMO today's "edm" scene in America has little or nothing to do with the underground dance movement. In fact, I'd say it's the absolute antithesis of it.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

imo today's "edm" scene in america has little or nothing to do with the underground dance movement. in fact, i'd say it's the absolute antithesis of it.
    exactly!!

Underground = hipster

haters gonna hate =D

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvee View Post
    Underground = hipster

haters gonna hate =D
    Totally disagree, although the hipsters tried to assimilate the underground ethos they were unsuccessful. True Underground will always be and always change.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

I'm just messing with ya

Tech Guru

so it embodies being more individualistic, artistic and more free versus the formulaic and repetitiveness of mainstream; talking about music

Tech Guru

Its about music that the great unwashed has no idea even exists, or has the capacity to appreciate.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast