Best (free?) Software for ripping vinyl -> .mp3 ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    agreeed .. just an option if tracktor scratch is already all setup ?
    Unless you've professionally installed your souncard into your wall and sunk all the wires - the hassle to unplug the TT and plug it into channel 5/6 on the soundcard is far less than the hassle to try and find a way around it on traktor.

The only way you could really do it, is if you plugged the phono cables (component of the multi-cores) into the mixer, then output mixer from the 'record' output back into the soundcard, and did it that way.. IMHO - divn't bother man!

Have any of you really tried Audacity? It sounds like shit! Go with Wavosaur as recommended, it sounds a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by pepehouse View Post
    Have any of you really tried Audacity? It sounds like shit! Go with Wavosaur as recommended, it sounds a lot better.
    Seriously? I couldn't disagree with you more.

I've used Audacity for years and I've always been happy with the results. When I used to play guitar I used it to make recordings and such.

Maybe it's your hardware? Are you plugging the input in through a microphone input? Or it could be the settings in Audacity. I dont know, man.

I actually used Audacity to transfer vinyl a couple times, though not for the same purpose you are; my grandfather had some old records that were wearing out and needed them preserved.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Yeah, with a decent soundcard, i've never had trouble with audacity its the shit!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12