beatport mac desktop client - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Thanks a ton!
    Problem solved

http://cl.ly/5Y3B
    Last edited by Kinetik; 04-01-2011 at 08:34 AM.
    I am no longer affiliated with Beatler/Beatport Pro.
    Gearslut, Tech Whore, Programmer, Graphic Designer, Photographer, DJ/Producer
    Current Setup: Macbook Pro 15" Core i7, Macbook 13", Xone 4D, 2x Xone 1D, 2x Korg PadKontrol, iPad2, Novation Remote Zero SL MKII, APC40, APC20, Axiom Pro 49, Novation Launch Pad, TraktorPro 2, Ableton

On another note in regards to the artist info/bio area we are planning to add a gallery (was actually in 1.3 but i didnt like the way it worked so we removed it) and having it sync up your event listings on last.fm.. will try out best to get that in the next release
    Last edited by Kinetik; 04-01-2011 at 08:35 AM.
    Current Setup: Macbook Pro 15" Core i7, Macbook 13", Xone 4D, 2x Xone 1D, 2x Korg PadKontrol, iPad2, Novation Remote Zero SL MKII, APC40, APC20, Axiom Pro 49, Novation Launch Pad, TraktorPro 2, Ableton

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kinetik View Post
    Problem solved

http://cl.ly/5Y3B
    Yeah, hmmmm, I kinda hijacked the other guy's artist profile

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Yeah, hmmmm, I kinda hijacked the other guy's artist profile
    Yea I noticed that. But its also showing your tracks when that profiled showed up so its warranted kinda makes me think though *had to deal with this myself* doesnt anyone check to see if a name is in use. with sites like discogs, beatport, etc you would think so. having the same issue right now with an artist on beatport using my production name o0 (been the same for like 11 years now)

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Yea I noticed that. But its also showing your tracks when that profiled showed up so its warranted kinda makes me think though *had to deal with this myself* doesnt anyone check to see if a name is in use. with sites like discogs, beatport, etc you would think so. having the same issue right now with an artist on beatport using my production name o0 (been the same for like 11 years now)
    I uploaded the tracks too, the guy uploaded a few things in 2008 and that was it. I was able to edit the bio and the rest of the things because it works like with a wiki. I still find odd that I was able to pull it.

sebastiannz

its really only a matter of time tbh... if any of them wanted to build lets say an iphone/android app for there services they would need to build an API and i see that happening eventually. beatport was just the first to do it
    good to know. ultimate would be one app which lets you browse the music from all the online music stores, has synced artists/labels for each one, and highlights new releases on the fly!

dj productivity + 1000

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiannz View Post
    good to know. ultimate would be one app which lets you browse the music from all the online music stores, has synced artists/labels for each one, and highlights new releases on the fly!

dj productivity + 1000

My thoughts exactly. Not to mention i think it would lead to a bit more competitive pricing

sebastiannz

another good point. from an economic theory point of view...bringing the music industry closer to to perfect competition through perfect information great for cheap skates like me!!

do you guys DJ as well?

I'll talk to brad when I see him next, and route him to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiannz View Post
    another good point. from an economic theory point of view...bringing the music industry closer to to perfect competition through perfect information great for cheap skates like me!!

do you guys DJ as well?
    We sure do well tbh i have been on a 2 year break from traditional djing and have been working on a live performance setup (very much inspired with what hawtin is doin) and a new collaborative project with a good friend of mine but i have been mixing/producing for something like 12-13 years now o0 and Rupert has only been djing a few years now. Rupert actually started working on beatler so he could spend more time mixing and less time purchasing music Now with a new baby and the app he doesn't have much time to mix sadly.

eventually I plan to start sharing info about my setup on here. just have not had the time to write anything about it and im still workin out the kinks
    Last edited by Kinetik; 04-01-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast