House Dub and Trap Mix, Looking for critical feedback please! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Convert

Also I should be uploading at least one mix by tomorrow

Tech Convert

Are looking like stupid phone

Quote Originally Posted by danieldow View Post
    Mono what genre electro or music are you more into? Is like to try a set more out of the house category so some suggestions of stuff you like could be cool, I really appreciate the community here too its nice to know people not only look and listen but are more than willing to give you tips and check progress. Thanks guys
    Blank your killin me that's pretty funny if you ever want any playlists or anything like that I can show you what my crates a are look like? (I run Traktor but folders mine as well be crates)
    Hard to say. I like deep house, tech, minimal, techno. Check out my mixcloud if you have time to get the idea.

My first love would be old school sound dubstep and now I am into producers who put out dark, deep, "dungeon" sound. GetDarker is one of my biggest inspirations (in fact what made me get back into mixing), watch Darkside do his thing, that's pretty much exactly the style of dubstep I love. Drum n' Bass gets me pumped up too

I would recommend listening to a lot of music, listen to other people's mixes in genres you're interested in, I think that can teach everyone a thing or two. I have a huge list of tunes I loved from what I heard and couple of new ideas on mixing. I also realized I enjoy genres that I thought were boring because I was assuming. You can't listen to all the music out there, but just stick with getting some exposure, don't stress about over-abundance and find things you love.

I actually realized that as much as I profess my love for dubstep, I have the least of it on my mixcloud. I'll try and put a new mix up quite soon so if you get interested in the sound I can give you a heads up (or you can follow my account). I've got some killer tunes I've been itching to play.

Tech Convert

One of my favorite tracks right now is evil lurks by wolfgang. Ill take a look at your mixcloud within the next week, Im sure ill have time by this weekend. Currently working on custom sound packs for traktor remix decks and my midifighter 3d .

And the second paragraph, very well put, I wish more djs in my area could read that exact post. Sounds about like my views and hearing another person say that ill have to pursue more mixes from the non mainstream djs. Thanks again Mono.

Deeper dark melodys, preferably in dubstep or heavy electro set me off. Its the best way to really set the tone and well bring vibes and intensity with your music. I just started getting into more drum and bass, and also trap music, I feel those to genres in particular have really helped my mixing, and bpm transitions grow helps to have lots of places out of the 120s and 130s, and still not having to play like just hip hop and electronic subgenres.
    Last edited by danieldow; 12-13-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by danieldow View Post
    One of my favorite tracks right now is evil lurks by wolfgang. Ill take a look at your mixcloud within the next week, Im sure ill have time by this weekend. Currently working on custom sound packs for traktor remix decks and my midifighter 3d .
    Checked out that Evil Lurks track you mentioned, sounds pretty epic. And by that I mean it has this grandiose sound to it. It's pretty simple, but just makes it catchier. Also the whole voicey wa-wa-wa thing - I don't know what's about it, but I just don't get it in current music. Gosh darn it, am I getting THAT old? Haha. But pleasant tune nonetheless.

Also your post inspired me to record a set like I mentioned previously, so if you get a chance to check out my mixcloud, listen to To Each And Every One Of You first, its chock full of the deep and dark sound I've been blabbering about. I am not posting the player as it'd be an assholish move on my part to hijack the thread with YOUR mix haha.

Cheers, man.

Tech Convert

Stoked to hear that, Ill be listening to it tonight! ill update when Ive gotten a chance to check it out

Tech Convert

Hey mono sorry it took so long to get back to you ive been fighting battles with most of my electronics keeping them alive, rough winter I guess. But I really enjoyed your deeper dub mix here is another 15 minute mix for a mixcloud competition

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12