I've been thinking about "Pay it Forward"
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default I've been thinking about "Pay it Forward"

Ok, Im not talking about anything too crazy (yet) like giving away my Empath lol; but i think it would be cool if we as a community started helping each other out... That said, Ean and Phil really helped me in getting a Firmware upgrade kit for my VCI-100; after i get a chance to upgrade my vci I was thinking about mailing the kit along w/ serial-usb adapter cable away to someone else in need under one condition: they also must find someone else here in the forums in need and pass it along to them with no intent of ripping each other off, just good-will toward men.

Well if this is ok with DJTT mods, we should start a list.

Can i be first on the list. I really need to upgrade. And i will gladly pass along. Im located in Florida.

Sure thing. just PM me your address and I'll try to drop it by fedex no later than early next week. But let's first wait and see if a few more people will post.
    3x sl-1200s, Rane Empath, KP3, Ineko, Serato SL1, TS-Pro, RP10s sub, Event TR8 monitors, Xiosynth, Nano Pad & Kontrol, VCI-100 1.3 djtt, 3x M44g, DT-770, Rp-DJ1200, 13" MBP 4GB 2.26 128GB Corsair P128 Solid State Drive.

dude, this sounds like an awesome idea! its a pretty tight community here anyway, and even though its international, that would work I think!

nice one chex

bad for djtt sales..but good for djtt supporters :P
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    bad for djtt sales..but good for djtt supporters :P
    That's the reason why i posted "if it's ok with the mods".
    Plus, once upgraded, you'll want the overlay sticker. I love mine, it looks nice and it has a really nice "rane" texture to it.
    3x sl-1200s, Rane Empath, KP3, Ineko, Serato SL1, TS-Pro, RP10s sub, Event TR8 monitors, Xiosynth, Nano Pad & Kontrol, VCI-100 1.3 djtt, 3x M44g, DT-770, Rp-DJ1200, 13" MBP 4GB 2.26 128GB Corsair P128 Solid State Drive.

So long as it's legal (and it is), you do what you have to do. Go for it.

Talking to Ean recently, he was talking about why this site doesn't talk about about big name DJs, the gear they use and getting them to support DJTT products. It's not that there are no names on our rosters, it's that Ean is trying to bring the readers of DJTT up to the become the next big name DJs rather than concentrating on maintining the status quo. Who cares if Carl Cox is using a VCI? He's been doing his thing for 20 years and will most likely continue to do so, it's the new names that everyone will be talking about next that we're interested in.

So, consider yourself officially offered a hand up. You, the readers of DJTT, are our focus, our source and our goal. Tell us what you are doing, how you use your gear and what you think the future holds because you Digital DJs, you are the future.

Fatlimey, gotta tell you, I almost shed a tear

But i'm so glad you've got your finger on the pulse. NI and Vestax plug their big names enough.. I think it's great that there's an international digital DJ community here who can share their thoughts and ideas - regardless of whether they're the most 'experienced' club DJ, right down to bedroom DJs with no aspiration o desire to play in front of an audience.

As Richie Hawtin said to Tongy recently on the Dance Music Weekly, putting a white label on your records doesn't exist anymore - you can't hide what you know, because sooner or later, it'll be available to everyone.

So we embrace this, and share! Then mixing gets more creative, and people come up with new epiphanies.

It's what you do with the music, not what the song is. Anyone can buy Traktor LE and a MOS album, and click sync - and do what pro DJs 10 years ago took years to perfect, in a couple of seconds. We're doing more.

You guys..

Most DJs try to deny it, but in here we embrace the hippieness of a (DJTT) community. Share, eat, dream and conversate the love and enthousiasm.

As long as the big man says it's okay, I'd say it's cleared and start sharing.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    So long as it's legal (and it is), you do what you have to do. Go for it.
    What he said !

Infact we would have and support a facebook application that helped users find other users in their area with firmware update devices if anyone had the skill sand time to make one.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast