VCI 100 & External Audio Interface or VCI 300

Default VCI 100 & External Audio Interface or VCI 300

Hello guys,

I'm planning to buy new midi controller, but this seems to be a tough decision to me. On the one hand, there is the cheaper vci 100, but I need an extra interface to prelisten. It's hard to decide which one is appropriate, but in the end 200euros is the maximum you could spend for an entry level sound card which is worth it. even an audio interface for 200 euros + the vci 100 in combination is cheaper than the vci 300. What do you think, is the built in interface in the 300-version worth it or is it the best solution to buy the 100-version and an external soundcard? If so, which one is appropiate for an entry hobby dj? the audio 2?m-audio fast track pro? Numark DJ I/O?

thanks for you help in advance and i hope my english isn't to bad...
    duplex

Go for the VCI 100 + soundcard ( perhaps the Audio 2...), you'll save some cash and you'll get better audio performance.

Tech Mentor

I think a better question to ask is, Itch or Traktor? vci-300 rocks with itch, and vci-100 rocks with traktor...

Tech Wizard

The soundcard of the vci-300 have not pretty good performance. That's what I read on this forum.
    VCI-100 + audio4DJ is a good mix, and also you can custom your VCI

Tech Convert

i was in your same position 4 months ago. 1. Traktor is the way of the future it is the best program out their right now. 2. couple that with the vci-100 which has endless potential for midi mapping and mods. 3. vic300 with soundcard is waste of money honestly what if you decide to get some table or something you can never go wrong with an external sound card.

just my take but yes i have traktor pro and vci100 i love them both and wouldn't look back except for maybe maybe a apc40 and ableton but then i would have to actually learn abelton..
    vci-100 black