Recession vs. DJing - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

big LOL

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misha_val View Post
    The reccession is offically over here in Canada. It was announced today.
    A recession is just a convenient term for 2 consecutive (into 3) Quarters of negative growth of GDP. It means jack shit when politicians and economists say that we are now in a term of growth.
    Is the effects of the previous quarters that matter. Its estimated that it will take a minimum of 6 years for the UK economy and therefore jobs and pay to get anywhere near the growth levels of a year ago.

No conciliation for those companies that have gone bust or those people that got made redundant or (more importantly for a lot of the DJTT guys) people looking for jobs after leaving school/college/uni no matter what your education is.

All those cunts in the USA that loaned money they didnt have to people who couldnt pay it back and alll the cunts in the UK that bought debt thinking they could make a profit selling it on should be HUNG BY THE NECK.

The people who ended up getting kicked out of their homes in the USA and those that have lost jobs and pensions in the UK should go on the fucking rampage and smash the Bankers homes up .

"A concise lesson in economics for the tourettically inclined"
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by misha_val View Post
    The reccession is offically over here in Canada. It was announced today.
    As others have said, that doesn't mean a whole lot. It means the economy is now growing. It should always grow, as the population grows. A stagnant or shrinking economy alongside a growing population = a whole load of problems.

The economy may be growing but unemployment will continue to rise, so people will continue to spend less money - which ultimately impacts on a DJ trying to get gigs.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Swearing is both big and clever.

[apologies mods for the potty mouth, i gets a bit mouthy about such issues]

so true tho mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Well nows the time to start thinking differently. Start throwing parties in a different manner. Make them cheaper for people to attend.
    For Instance, One of the hottest nights going on here is a party on Sat called Neon Liger. Part of the sucess i see with them is they have free entry if you rsvp on facebook before 11, and they offer a two free kegs until they run out. This definitely fills up the club quick.
    Park Parties/Pool Parties are another great cheap way to get it going over the summer. I did one a few weeks ago, charged a 2 dollar cover for the pool entry and that got them 4 kegs and some tunes.
    Its all about making it as much fun as possible, while still doing it on the cheap. People like cheap fun.

I'm with JeRK on this one, keep doing what others do and expect the same results. I see this as an excellent opportunity to establish myself as a brand while people thirst for good and cheap entertainment.

When growth is back to normal I will be name and have no problems getting gigs, so this is the time to connect with people!

house party revival!
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    house party revival!
    OOoos how I misses the house parties. I had to stop throwing because everyone was pissed at each other. They would get drunk, dance, then have sex. Sounds like fun except they were with other people:eek:. Needless to say I don't hang out with them. But how I miss the parties.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast