[Drum&Bass] Ubergalactic (Beastie Boys Remix)

Default [Drum&Bass] Ubergalactic (Beastie Boys Remix)

I'm working on a DnB track right now (as the title states it's a Remix of Intergalactic by Beastie Boys) and i've put quite some work in it, but i have no idea if it's working out or if it isn't...

If it is then I'll finish the track (btw, is a track ever finished?) and try to do all the mastering etc, but I don't know if the tracks nice enough...

What do you think? Care to rub your feedback under an amateur wannabe producers nose?

You can listen to the track here:
    http://soundcloud.com/b0nglesound

I'm really so curious what you guys think about it!

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

My God. Please finish this track!

I loved it!
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

really like it. makes me sad how bad i suck at producing :/

what do you think about putting the voice more in the front (the voice is really like an instrument right now, but beastie boys rule u know) and speed some parts up with a more frequent hi-hat?

Quote Originally Posted by Lambox View Post
    My God. Please finish this track!

I loved it!
    wow, thanks lambox

Quote Originally Posted by Duttylectric View Post
    really like it. makes me sad how bad i suck at producing :/
    nah dude, if i was one of the people who like embarassing themselves in the public then i'd show you the other tracks i made so far... only one of them doesn't make you puke instantly (and it only doesn't if it gets double dropped with the iron tune from muffler )

Quote Originally Posted by Duttylectric View Post
    what do you think about putting the voice more in the front (the voice is really like an instrument right now, but beastie boys rule u know) and speed some parts up with a more frequent hi-hat?
    yeah, i'm already on it - put the voice more in front, really makes it sound better! nice idea
    gonna try the highhats right now, lemme see how it turns out!

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls

just updated the track - the vocals are now the main part of the track. i also added a fatter build up, changed the instruments a bit and added more frequent hi-hats...

any suggestions what else could be done? i'm really glad about every feedback i get, i would've never thought of these things... still got a big pile of learning in front of me!

http://soundcloud.com/b0nglesound/

thanks for the feedback so far guys!
    btw, you're totally right duttylectric - beastie buys rule
    Last edited by Morbido; 07-23-2009 at 04:22 PM.

omfg, i just love it. the buildup is incredible. please release this track one day!

thanks! actually i'd really like to!
    my plan is to release a single track. not this particular one, just one track and i want to have it on vinyl and on beatport...

now if only someone would tell me how to master my stuff...
    and if only someone would tell me how to get my music out there

edit:
    thanks for the positive feedback, it made me think about it and i will further work on this track.
    even though i guess i won't release it (how do i get the permission of the beastie boys anyways?), i'll polish it up a little bit more (got a few tricks left up my sleeve) and if you want i can send the track to everyone who wants to spin it (digitally)!
    Last edited by Morbido; 07-24-2009 at 09:14 AM.