Traktor Scratch Pro Issues
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Scratch Pro Issues

Firstly apologies if some of this is simple stupidity on my part, but am having a few Traktor related problems.. can anyone help?

I'm getting to grips with TSP at the moment, have had various issues with the timecode aspect of the software, sometimes it works with my CDJs and sometimes it doesn't. I find after closing the program and re booting it will work 2nd time around, but obviously this isn't stable enough for me to bring out to gigs.

I've done everything logical and even spoke to N.I support, who haven't solved the issue yet, although am waiting for them to get back to me.

I even bought new phono leads in case it was a fault with them, but that hasn't made a difference.

Has anyone else had issues with Traktor Scratch Pro having a mind of its own?

I also sort my music in Itunes as have used Serato for the last 3 years and thats how I organized my music, so am continuing with the playlists I have setup.

So to access my music within TSP i click the itunes node and all my playlists load. Do I have to analyze these files and if so how? will it move or duplicate the files if I do, I'm a bit stuck on my Track Collection, it has a few files in there, but in no order.

I've ordered a VCI 100 and will upgrade the firmware after i've got to grips with it. I ordered the VCI as Traktor consistently works on internal mode, its just the CDJs that sometimes work and sometimes do nothing. I want it all to work tho understandably, so if anyone has any ideas I could use all the help I can get.

Cheers people!

Davelazy xx

http://myspace.com/djdaveconway

Tech Wizard

From N.I Support...

Hello David ,

1) Yes, indeed, there has been some news in the meantime. Several users, all
    using the new Mac Book Pro's, have come up with exactly the same problem as
    you. They need to restart their Traktor in order to have their Decks calibrate
    properly. So unfortunately, I don't have a quick solution for this problem.
    Our development department is now informed of the issue and is working to fix
    this problem as soon as possible. Until then, we appreciate your understanding
    and apoligize for the inconvenience.

in order to get your playlists into TSP, open the itunes panel and right click (command+click) the playlist you want, then select "Import to Playlists" from the menu. it will then show up under the Playlists folder in TSP, just as it was in itunes.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Wizard

cheers mate, i'm coming from a serato background and thats just plug & play! TSP is miles better though, learning as I go.

Cheers for the info