I can finally buy...what?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I can finally buy...what?

I've finally saved enough to get some shiny dj stuff instead of just using the computer. My big dilemna is should I do a vci-400 or s4 or s2+maschine. I really like the idea of the maschine and being able to do lots of things on the fly. I have used controllers and mixers before so I'm not a total complete beginner but mostly just in bar scenes so nothing to crazy was involved. In traktor with an S2, does the maschine act like a third deck when using the sample deck? I know I should buy just one thing at a time and use it until you master it but I'm looking to the future to see what can be done where I'm the limiting factor, not the equipment.

Dunno - but NOW is the time to buy. Check out the Black Friday deals in the DJTT store.

Bargains to be had.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Between the S4 and VCI-400, I would pick the VCI-400. It is smaller, has better build quality, and comes with a cooler DJTT mapping, in my opinion.

As for the Maschine, you need to think about what you want to do with it. If you just want to use it as a generic midi controller, there are cheaper alternatives with the same 4x4 pad layout and knobs/faders (like Akai MPDs). If you think you'll want to get into producing music, however, then the Maschine is great because it comes with software and can serve as a production tool in addition to being a performance tool.
    Check out my Youtube channel for controllerism routines, mashups, tutorials, etc. using Midi Fighters and other tasty gear.

http://www.youtube.com/user/underwaterrobots

Quote Originally Posted by FishyMoose View Post
    In traktor with an S2, does the maschine act like a third deck when using the sample deck?
    Maschine has nothing to do with Traktor. You need to actually go watch the videos on Maschine on NI's site and see what it is and what it is not.

You can get it to follow Traktor's tempo (if your beat grids are perfect) and make the audio work, but it has literally nothing to do with Traktor's sample decks or remix decks. Period. It's a completely different product.

Using it like I think you're envisioning is essentially paying $600 for a slightly better built PadKontrol or Trigger Finger.

Twitch for 259.00 O_O Dayummm. That's a great price

Quote Originally Posted by jprime View Post
    Twitch for 259.00 O_O Dayummm. That's a great price
    But I remember hearing something about the Twitch not being updated to the new Serato software? Or something like that, which was making it look less & less good.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    But I remember hearing something about the Twitch not being updated to the new Serato software? Or something like that, which was making it look less & less good.

that was the xone DX. twitch will be upgraded in 2013 with the rest of em. I have heard complaints about output level from twtich.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Mob Cat View Post
    that was the xone DX. twitch will be upgraded in 2013 with the rest of em. I have heard complaints about output level from twtich.
    Turn you pa up. :P Seriously though...gigged with mine loads. Not really a big deal.

Vci-400
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jprime View Post
    Turn you pa up. :P Seriously though...gigged with mine loads. Not really a big deal.
    How do you like it. I have a man crush connection with my VCI-300 as a small/portable set up. 2 decks and a mixer, great platter....but an even smaller Twitch looks pretty neat. Especially at 260 bucks. Just not sure how much I'd enjoy no jogwheels? Tried to get into that once using traktor and X1's and never really enjoyed it. Especially for an open format type gig.

260 is just hard to pass up on for fun looking piece of gear.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast